“Food reasonably tasty, slightly overpriced”
Review of Wagamama

Wagamama
Ranked #192 of 874 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
York, United Kingdom
“Food reasonably tasty, slightly overpriced”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

You know you've entered a chain when no one greets you. The place is too large to have anything other than an impersonal touch. Having said that, the side orders of endamane etc, main course of teryaki chicken were fresh and good to eat and the service efficient and brisk.

• Visited May 2014

“Just what i needed”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I popped in here for something quick and simple on my way to an appointment and got exactly what I needed. I appreciated the free unlimited green tea, and chose Wagamama ramen which was tasty and full of ingredients! Bit too many noodles for me but recommended if you're very hungry! I will be visiting again.

• Visited April 2014
“Great quick food”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We all love Wagamama Katsu curry veggie is my favourite. My hubby likes the firecracker prawns. I have had several different things here and loved them all.

Visited April 2014
Church Stretton, United Kingdom
“Not much fun”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I think you have to really enjoy the type if food on offer to rate this restaurant higher than average. We ended a trip to York with a vist here with our two children. Although a window seat, we felt annexed in a room that felt empty with rather dated striped green wall covering and nothing of interest. The waitress was initially attentive and the food reads exciting, but you need to understand the combinations and I was disappointed with the large watery bowl of whatever I had chosen.
We spent a good 15 min waiting for a member of staff to enter the room so we could ask for the bill. The man who eventually brought over the payment machine stood and said not one word so there was absolute silence as I was presented first with an "add gratuity" screen. This persuaded me on what is a rare occasion to say "no".

england
“Did not live up to expectations!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Visited on Easter Saturday for a early dinner. The dining area was functional but clean. Staff friendly and welcoming. I wanted duck gyoza served as a starter but you can't have starters as such you have to order dishes for a starter then order your main courses later. Strange. Anyway they were tasty with plum based soy sauce. I ordered Teriyaki chicken donburi Well it came and I ate it but it was totally unexciting. It was an average size chicken breast grilled but not a lot of teriyaki sauce on a bowl of bland white rice with a few leaves and sliced carrot. I have had better from M&S in fact I have cooked better myself. My partners chicken Katsura curry at least had plenty of sauce. Unfortunately it did not arrive until I had just about finished my meal. To the credit of the staff they did recognise this and without prompting it was deducted from our bill. However given the quality of my main course I would not rush to eat here again.

Visited April 2014