“Excellent”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in York
Bankfield Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #77 of 194 York B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I've stayed at Bankfield twice now and would not hesitate to recommend it. I've had 3 very good nights sleep in a wonderfully comfortable bed. The breakfast is superb and the Veronica is a great host. I'm looking forward to my next visit.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SideShowPob

Reviewed 31 May 2014

What a fabulous place!!!
The welcome was warm and inviting, the location is excellent and the rooms themselves are clean, well decorated and perfect for a stay. Lovely quiet village with enough in to wander to at night and have a bite to eat or shop
Veronica was very friendly and was quick and helpful in every way.
The breakfast was great - with lots of choice.
Excellent stay would definitely recommend

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I just came home to America after a trying week visiting my ailing parents. As depressing and stressful as my trip was, my sanity was saved by staying the week at this wonderful B&B. This was my second time I had stayed at Bankfield House and I truthfully cannot think of anywhere else I would rather stay. Veronica is SO friendly, warm, funny and accommodating. My bedroom was immaculate, cozy and inviting......every night a fresh batch of homemade flapjacks, and every morning a full English Breakfast made to order. I think I put on 5 pounds during my stay! I would not hesitate to recommend Bankfield House Bed & Breakfast to ANYONE!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank marthabeth2
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I cannot recommend Bankfield highly enough. The rooms and very comfortable and homely, breakfast was perfect; delicious and filling with homemade jams and fresh produce and Veronica is a friendly and welcoming host. Close to York centre (only 10 minutes drive) and also the shopping outlets on the outskirts, it is perfectly situated.
Excellent value for money, a personal service and very comfortable.
Between my own stay and a number of work colleagues who I have recommended both before (as I had a recommendation myself) and after, I have only heard and experienced 10/10 reviews and deservedly so.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Made to feel very welcome as soon as we arrived.Veronica is a down to earth,lovely Yorkshire lady.
Breakfast was plentiful and delicious. The home made jams are a must.
Location is ideal,and we would not hesitate to stay here again on our next venture up north. Big thanks to Veronica and Peter for making our stay so enjoyable.
P.S. If you get the chance to sample some lemon-drizzle cake,then take up the offer. Thanks once again.
Chris and Caroline from Colchester.

Stayed: April 2014
Thank Chris and Carol... S
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Absolutely perfect....fab hostess, excellent hygiene standards with a delicious & awesome breakfast to boot...could not ask for more!
I would definitely recommend this place with its peace & tranquil setting, also free parking!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We really loved our stay at Bankfield B&B. We could not recommend it highly enough. The bed was luxurious, the room was spacious, clean and tastefully decorated. There was attention to detail and some lovely touches in the room. The breakfast was of a high standard with homemade jams, poached fruit and good quality ingredients (especially the English breakfast). The owner was really friendly, accommodating and made us feel very comfortable. It was the perfect location for visiting our family in Haxby and only a short 5-10 minute drive into York centre. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple