“A must breakfast”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Just returned from another long drive from Hampshire to York and back to pick my son from uni one of the good thing about the trip is the fact we go for breakfast in the longboat pup for just under a tenner you can eat as much as you like and drink as much coffee,tea and fruit juice as you like.breakfast includes full English followed by Cereal ,toast,fruit,croissants and muffins.my son and I always eat enough to last us till we get home.Unlike some places that offer eat as much as you like the quality of the food is excellent.We've been three times now and never had a problem getting a seat and one final thing the staff are really friendly and helpful I look forward to my next visit in September .

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We called in on our way back to our guest house at 4p.m. There was only one table taken but the service by the young waitress was excellent. The food was cooked perfectly plus on warm plates

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We don't often eat at hotel restaurants, preferring to explore independent places. But it was a drizzly night, and we were staying at the Premier Inn just down the street (there are two PI's on Blossom Street), so it was convenient.

We've eaten at Premier Inn restaurants a few times before and they're always reliable and definitely good value for money, but this one stands out as the best we've tried. Apparently, the Longboat is Premier's "Table Table" brand, and its menu is better than I've seen in other Premier Inn restaurants. The salmon with Bernaise sauce was perfect, and my husband loved his steak and ale pie. It came with a "pie bird" in it! Just like I use in fruit pies I bake at home. I've never seen that in a savoury pie. Must remember to do that at home.

We each had a glass of wine, and both were very good. Desserts were delicious, too.

Our waiter was very pleasant, and as it was getting a bit late and the restaurant wasn't crowded, he had time to chat with us.

It wasn't a "wow" dinner as we'd had at Bennett's the night before, but considering value for money, I have to give Longboat a 5-dot rating, too.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately we couldnt get in to stay at the adjacent premier inn so stayed down the road but as we usually do stay and eat at premier inns we decided to come for a meal. food was great and staff all very friendly and helpful our waiter james was really nice couldnt fault the place we even went the next day too ! Will definitely be coming back and hopefully stay there too

1  Thank Silkybabe
Reviewed 19 April 2014

When staying at a Premier Inn we usually have dinner there if we arrive later in the day as it is convenient. Overall the staff in the front were ambivalent and acted as if they were doing you a favor by seating you. Our waiter though was very personable and treated us warmly, he took our drinks order promptly and returned just as fast with our drinks. My wife ordered the Asian Style Chicken Salad which she found enjoyable, I ordered the 8 oz. Sirloin steak and the only thing I can say good about it was that it was cooked medium the way I asked otherwise it was tough and very little flavor. If you don't want to go out for a meal while staying here it is acceptable but don't expect a great meal.