Avondale Guest House
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$124
  • Pool
US$125
US$100
  • Restaurant
Park Inn by Radisson York(York)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$184
US$125
US$119
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn York City Centre(York)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$89
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$84
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewswhisky porridgeguest houseviolet roomcity centrebishopthorpe roadlittle extrastop floorparking permitfull englishfamily rooma wonderful stayselection of cerealsroom was clean and comfortablebiscuitsbed and breakfastyogurtlovely weekend
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Stayed here with work colleagues for one night. Welcome was warm and friendly and the bedroom was comfortable, clean and with all the amenities I would want for such a trip. Breakfast was lovely and I would definitely recommend Avondale to tourist, traveller and businessperson alike, especially as it's only a 15-min walk from the station and centre of town.

Room Tip: Mine was the room at the top - called Violet I think.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We received a very friendly, warm welcome and Carole took her time to show us up to our room and share her knowledge of the local area. We had the rose room and it was spotlessly clean, warm and comfortable with plenty of space for the 2 of us and lots of little extras. We stayed for 2 nights and our breakfasts were beautifully cooked with plenty of choice and the lady serving was very polite and friendly. The Avondale is ideally situated and just a 10 minute scenic stroll into the heart of York. Overall we had a great weekend and would highly recommend staying here. Hopefully we will return one day.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I loved everything about this B&B.
Great location, just a short walk into the city and not too far from the train station either.
Accommodation was clean, comfortable and provided everything you could need (towels, hairdryer, toiletries, TV)
Carole provided a huge and tasty breakfast which set me up nicely for the days exploring. Wendy who served the breakfast was really lovely and cheerful, I felt really cared for. I also thought the price was great for what you get and will certainly return to stay here when I am next in York

Room Tip: I sayed in the room called Primrose. I was told it was a small double but it didnt seem small to me.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Paula07770
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed staying here - on business so only for 1 night. Carole recommended a fantastic real ale pub to meet my friends in. Didn't do breakfast justice but delicious! Room was comfortable and shower was hot and powerful.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 14 April 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Avondale with our two grandchildren. Carole and the staff were friendly and welcoming with good stories to share. Our grandchildren were welcomed and accommodated. It really is just a short walk to the city and the tour bus passes the door. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, and although not large (it is an old house after all) were large enough. The breakfasts were delicious and tailored to our wishes. All in all, a great experience and we would return next time we are in York, Gillian Bain and family.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family