“Not much to see...”

York Early Evening Cruise on the River Ouse
US$11.30*
York City River Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: City Cruises York are delighted to offer a unique perspective of York on-board one of our comfortable riverboats. We have something for everyone including sightseeing trips,BBQ cruises, party cruises and self-drive boats. Escape the city rush and relax with City Cruises York. All of our vessels have fully stocked bars, open top decks,and toilet facilities. Finalist in the 2012 Visit York Awards for Outstanding Customer Service.
Cumbria Uk
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Not much to see...”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We went on this cruise hoping to get a bit of a breeze from the extremely hot afternoon sun. We stood and waited for 15 mins in a queue, after paying £7.50 each for the 45 minute cruise. No shelter.
On boarding we went, as the majority did to the top open air deck for better views and a chance of the elusive breeze.
The crew were all helpful and charming and the commentary was very good but there really was not much to see, to be honest. I am not really sure what I expected to see but a few old warehouses that's been turned into luxury apartments really didn't light my fire.
There was a bit of history thrown in and a bit of humour from the captain doing the commentary, but all in all a very disappointing cruise over all.
I wouldn't say don't do the trip but I cannot ever see myself rushing back to do it all again.

2 Thank Lemonmerangue

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
liverpool
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“A bit boring”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

If you have nothing else to do ....fine ...its a bit boring it lasts an hour but really could be cut to about 35-40 mins ...suppose it would be nice on a hot sunny day ..would I do it again ..NO !!!

London, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Waterways”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Had a very pleasant trip along the river Ouse. Our guide pointed out places of interest along the way.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Great trip, very informative”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We took this cruise on the spur of the moment as we passed the boat 5 minutes befoer it left. Tickets were purchased on board and there was plenty of seating on the top deck.

The cruise was pleasant, up and down the river (it was a lovely evening). The pilot gave a very interesting commentary on the views and history of the surrounding area, it was obviously his interest rather than reading off a script which added to the enjoyability.

The kids had fun and enjoyed it too - there is a small bar downstairs if you fancy a drink on the way.

We did have a party of 6 behind us who were quite the worse for wear from drinking and were falling about all over the place - I question whether they should have been on the boat in the first place but we had fun none the less.

Stevenston, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great Trip”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family and I have lived in York for 2 years and decided to take the trip this weekend. We did the trip to Bishopthorpe Palace (the official residence of the Archbishop of York - John Sentamu), and soaked up a bit of history along the way. I'm a Tudor history enthusiast so living in York and doing this trip suited me down to the ground. There are ample facilities on board (toilet, refreshments etc) - but limited baby facilities, so if you need to change a baby do it before or after the trip if you can.