“Good market” 4 of 5 bubbles

510 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 535 helpful votes
“Good market”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013 via mobile

I just love wandering around markets, either indoor or outdoor and York outdoor market is great especially for foodies, there are many different stalls and everyone seems friendly.

1 Thank dnowland_12

Perth, United Kingdom
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great market for foodies”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

You can't miss the market as you walk around York. Tasters of food from different countries, everyone very friendly. If we lived in York we'd use the excellent fish shop and the fruit, veg and flower stalls.

1 Thank Wilma M
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Will be going again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012 via mobile

My finace and my self were wondering round round York we found the market we found it brilliant could not fault it every one was so friendly will be going again

1 Thank jackjag66
Hereford
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Bustling market, gourmet food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

This time last year I came across this bustling market, which happened to have a food festival going on. This month I paid another visit to York - & again it was food festival time. I was there on a Saturday this time, & it was very busy so I didn't queue to buy anything. But I feasted my senses on the delicious smells coming from stalls such as the Mexican taco bar & the vast varieties of bread. The organic veg from Riverford Farm looked fresh & attractive, & for meat aficionados (I'm vegetarian) there are stalls selling meat like Dexter burgers & sausages - which made me smile as the new season of the TV show starts this month. I don't know how I managed not to be tempted by the fanastic chocolates & cakes on display. I don't know about wheelchair access. I use a walking stick to help me get about, & I must say I didn't find it very easy weaving in & out of the crowds.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank gayrobot
Melbourne, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Must try the pulled pork! Oh & the chocolate!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stumbled across this market by accident, but so glad that we did! We had just eaten our lunch, so thought we'd pick up a box full of chocolate slices which were just devine!! And then... we came to walk 'past' the pork cart... but couldn't walk past and just had to stop and share a pulled pork roll! The smell, ah the smell... the best pulled pork I've ever tasted and we had just eaten lunch so it couldn't have been because we were hungry! This market has a fair bit of variety for all different tastes so definitely go through here before settling on a place to have lunch.

Visited October 2011