Foss Bank Guest House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in York
See available hotels
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
B+B York(York)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsb bmonk gatecity centrefresh fruitplace to staylovely breakfastoff road parkingon arrivalwhen visiting yorka short minute walknothing too much troublepark the carbe booking againlovely guesthousecomfortable bedcooked to perfectionfantastic stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2010

We stayed 2 nights for our 40th wedding anniversary. The room was spacious and spotless. Kevin had told me the bed was a double (4' 6") but I'm convinced it was at least 5'. We were on the roadside and it is a very busy main road but that didn't bother us. We were so wacked that nothing would have stopped us sleeping. The volume inhibitor on the flatscreen digital TV is there for the comfort of all the guests but it was a slight problem for me. My hearing isn't great and with the constant traffic I struggled to hear the sound. That said, my wife had no problem.

Breakfast was excellent. Nothing fancy but good honest local produce cooked to perfection. Kevin insists on carrying bags to and from the car as nothing is too much trouble. For the fussy like me you can even ask for fresh milk for the room so as not to have to use plastic. I was a little concerned that I would be blocked in as the parking is quite confined but fear not. Kevin has all the car keys and moves them in and out to accommodate your needs.

The 10 minute walk to town is just that. Often what is described by hoteliers as a 5 minute walk ends up as 15 minutes but not here. You get what's on the can.

An excellent Guest House run by a very hospitable couple and well worth a return. Thank you both.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2010

My family and I have stayed at Fossbank since 2002 and haven't looked back!

Having stayed at another guest house (when Fossbank was fully booked) I can honestly say you will not find anywhere more comfortable or better value for money. It is in a great location with only a 10 minute walk into the city centre and easy access to the ring road.

Rooms are extremely spacious and the majority are ensuite. The beds are very comfortable and tea/coffee/chocolate + biscuites are replenished daily. The new flat screen TVs are very nice!

The breakfast is always something to look forward to with something for everyone - you won't be needing lunch!

The atmosphere is always very warm and welcoming and nothing seems to be too much trouble. Kevin can recommend places to eat out at, which is always helpful.

I will never be looking to stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2010

I have stayed at the foss bank guest house now around 5 times. It is normally always fully booked due to the excellent value accomodation offered by Kevin and Val. The breakfast is all local provisions and the rooms spotless. Kevin and Val are lovely people who just dont bother you and let you get on with your stay in this historic beautiful city.
Book in advance as this guest house is a pleasant 10 minute walk into the Monkgate of the city. Parking is available too. You will return again....!!
Michael Thorpe London SE13.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2010

We have been coming to york for over 25 years and have stopped with Kev and Val for almost as long as they have owned Foss Bank. We have seen quite a few changes over the years and they always get better. The rooms are kept well decorated and warm, the breakfasts are brilliant, catering for everybody whatever their taste or diet and they always go out of their way to welcome you and make your stay an excellant one.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2010

Our lastest stay was in December and once again Kevin & Val's hospitality was fantastic. Everything you want, great rooms, great breakfasts (how does Kevin prepare to atll arrive at the same time ?) and a really warm welcome every time you arrive. Forget the rest in York and head to Foss Bank every time !

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple