“best cakes in york !!”
Review of The Vanilla Cafe

The Vanilla Cafe
Ranked #12 of 66 Coffee & Tea in York
Reviewed 17 December 2013

i love the vanilla cafe beautiful setting,lovely friendly service and most quaint cafe with lots of charm! and delicious cakes too!

Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

I was greeted by a lovely waitress who took me to some additional seating upstairs, the location was great so close to this minster. I had some lemon cake which was delicious and a cup of tea. It came quickly and I thoroughly enjoyed my visit. Would definitely come again!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Popped into the Vanilla Cafe with my mum whilst shopping. What a lovely place. The lady serving us was chatty and efficient and in no time at all i had my coffee and carrot cake in front of me! We will definitely call again next time to try a different cake!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We went into the Vanilla cafe on a cold, dark Sunday evening. The window display is beautiful, it all seemed so promising. As it was getting later I was told (quite rudely) that the upstairs of the cafe was shut. There are only 2 tables downstairs, one table was occupied, the other only had two chairs. As there were three of us I asked if there were any more chairs, the waitress said, yes, they had more chairs but they had been put upstairs and she couldn't be bothered to go and get one. Sadly, therefore we couldn't stay and try the tea and cake, so I can't comment on the quality. My three year old was left in tears. I live locally but I won't be going back to follow up as I was so appalled by the poor service. If you can't be bothered to get a chair out for your customers what else can't you be bothered with? Worrying.

3  Thank emma s
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Very small. Unless it's nice weather then space outside. Upstairs is very cold and atmosphere is somewhat lacking. Although the coffee is nice I found the cakes a bit disappointing They looked nice but not so good on the traditional taste I was expecting. Staff seemed distracted and had to ask for extra sugar. Although it's not their fault the stairs are a bit small and windy. Bit a nightmare with lots of shopping bags or young kids!.

1  Thank InaTizzi