“Poor customer service”

Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in York
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Poor customer service”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I stayed one night at this hotel & although the staff were very friendly during that time, I was less than impressed upon returning home. I left my new phone charger in the room & contacted the reception staff on two separate occasions who assured me they would check the room & return my call. However they failed to do so. It is often the small things that make a big difference.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank arthurd186394
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn York City (Blossom St North) Hotel, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review. Naina Social Media Team, Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Burton upon Trent,England
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Usual cheery welcome, decent room & larger bed than we've had at some Prem.Inns. Ideally located close to Micklegate section of York's historic city wall (stroll along for a pleasant walk into town with a great view of the Minster). Also close to rail station & Wetherspoon's - which serves up a latte & bacon roll for £1.99, if you don't fancy an eat as much as you like b'fast.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fletchdart
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2012

This was the worst hotel experience of my life. The staff tried to remove me from my room at 2:30 am because they had made an error and placed me in the wrong room. Rather then wait till the morning to sort it out, the night porter phoned and woke me up, and repeatedly demanded that I take all my things out of the room and move to another building. They had put me in the wrong room, but rather than admit the human error, they placed the blame on me. It was horrible, and very threatening. The staff were underskilled across the board, from reception, to the individuals who served my colleagues and I dinner, to the incompetent night porter who dealt with my situation. There was a sense of dissorganisation across the entire staff base, even though many of them were clearly nice people, they had not had adequte training to undertake their jobs. This hotel needs serious attention from senior management.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank JWC148
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn York City (Blossom St North) Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay.

Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated.

Thank you once again for your review.

Naina
Social Media Team

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.
Runcorn
Reviewed 6 October 2012

My husband and I booked this particular Premier Inn due to the location. We are both drivers but decided to see how much it would be to travel by train and it was a cheaper alternative to the petrol cost and parking costs and was only a five minute walk from the train station. We have stayed in many Premier Inns before and have always been impressed with the service and room quality so staying here made perfect sense. Our check in was very straight forward and our receptionist, Charlotte was very attentive, remembering that we had come to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The room was clean and tidy and well looked after for the duration of our stay which was Thursday to Monday (at a very reasonable cost of £219.00). The Premier Inn was in an excellent location for all of the visitor attractions and the walk to the centre of York was only 15 minutes. We would definately recommend this Premier Inn to others.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Tring
Reviewed 5 October 2012

We parked just around the corner in a public car park which cost us £11 (not the NCP one),the only problem being this ran out at 8am the next morning (you couldn't pay for any more !) so this was a pain with me having to get up early,go back to the car park and pay another £3 for another couple of hours !!
Anyway,check in was very good with a very helpful young lady who advised us the lift wasn't working,we were on the 3rd floor so had to lug all our baggage up the stairs,bugger !
Room was fine,basic but comfortable and spotlessly clean,all you would expect from a Premier Inn,we use them alot and have never had a bad one !
Overall we were very happy with the hotel and also location is good only 10 mins walk into central York,however my only grumble is that we booked 2-3 weeks before we visited and yes i know its York but in my opinion £109 for the room is way over the top for what you get !

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Best thing going for this hotel is the location, so handy with parking the yo can wal the torist sites and not worry about the car. Staff very friendly but a £93 a nite for two sachets of coffee and no toiletries plus very limited Wifi (1/2 hour) not upto other hotels charging a lot less.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Scotland....You KNOW you want to come here!
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Basically stayed here for the weekend on a business trip. Used TripAdvisor and gave it a shot because of the excellent reviews. I was travelling in my train to York and can only say the location is perfect not only for the station, but also for access into the city centre, which is compact in any case.

I travel a fair bit for business and leisure and expect as a basic comfortable clean rooms with loads of hot water and a decent bed. All boxes ticked. Breakfast was perfectly decent in the adjacent restaurant and with costa coffee essentially on tap, this is a good value stay, and worthy of consideration even against some of the larger big name hotels in the area where a number of my colleagues were staying.

I cannot fault this stay. The hotel did as it presented to do, and the staff were very attentive and friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business