“great girly stay”

Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in York
united kingdom
“great girly stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

We stayed here overnight 30 th april . Wonderful service Before we arrived I had received two texts asking if I needed to book anything special or a table for dinner . We didn't need either but was impressed they had asked . Check in was easy a room was ready early so we were able to put all the bags in and go out . we didn't have any meals in but the quality looked good . The rooms we had were on the first floor two double rooms opp one another . Lovely and clean . A wonderful nights sleep ,good shower and plenty of space to dump our shopping . Check out next day was 10 am but they let us leave our bags till it was time to catch the train in the afternoon . that for me was the clincher ! We will be booking again now !

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

This is a great location. You can walk into York through the historic Micklegate Bar. Visit Holy Trinity Church with its fabulous exhibition on its monastic life and use the interactive touch screens. Then pass St Martins Church and see what the newly opened Stained Glass Centre is offering. Visit the superb museum in Micklegate Bar and wander this historic area. Just off Micklegate is Bishophill with lovely St Mary's and its Saxon Tower. Then walk into the city and explore the Minster.After a hectic day return to this clean friendly hotel and relax!
Richard Seed

• Stayed May 2013
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Not one of their finest hotels. We stayed here as part of a UK tour, which included one other Premier Inn that we have rated as 5-star. For the most part it offers the standard, functional service one would expect, and it does this well. Where it fails badly is if you're driving to it.
Firstly, their own car park is tiny and chaotic. We drove in to it but found it full. No big deal, we'd arrived fairly late so expected this. But it's so tiny and twisted that you can not turn aroundand need to reverse through it to get out. With the bends in the road this is fairly risky. We left the car outside for a moment and ran in to ask advise on where to park. We were directed to "go left, over the bridge, and left into the car park". We did this, it was quite a distance, and we found ourselves parked in the station car park. It seemed a little odd, so wen we finally got back to the hotel and checked in, I confirmed that we were supposed to be in that station car park. The receptionist confirmed that this was right. In the morning I asked the hotel to stamp my car parking ticket (they do this to get you a reduced rate of £9.00 per night) only to be told we'd used the wrong car park! The receptionist on duty simply shrugged her shoulders when I said we'd been explicitly told to use that car park AND confirmed it with her colleague the previous night. I requested that the manager chat to us. She came out promptly and apologised, saying that the wrong directions had been given by a new member of staff who clearly had the "wrong end of the stick" as to where we should have parked. She requested that I phone her once we had left the car park and she would refund the fee. I called, she wasn't there, and the promised return phone call has yet to come, two days later. Very disappointing.

Despite this, the hotel is in an excellent location, right outside the city walls. For that I'd recommend staying here - if you're travelling by train!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn York City (Blossom St North) Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service and I sincerely apologise that on this occasion we have failed to achieve this. Please email your booking details to talktous@premierinn.com and we will ensure this is followed up with the Management Team. Thank once again for taking the time to leave your review.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

We travelled to York recently (early April 2013) for a weekend stay (Friday - Sunday).

For those that are not familiar with the Premier Inn setup in York, their two locations on Blossom Street are literally yards away from each other. I mean literally, there is only a pub separating them.

Everything about this hotel was very good.

Staff were very helpful and pleasant. No complaints at all.
Room was well sized, very clean and spacious. Only issue was a shower that was not height adjustable and that affected my wife as she is a foot shorter than I am.
Bed was on the firm side but a good night's sleep was had nevertheless.

Location was brilliant.

Although we drove and parked in the Nunnery Lane carpark and then moved to the local NCP, the hotel is close to the railway station. Certainly within walking distance.

From the hotel, you are mere yards away from the walled city. You can climb the stairs to the old wall and follow it to the river and the wonders that York offers. Sightseeing is a breeze.

A great value hotel from a big chain that seems to take a personal approach to your stay.

I'd use this hotel again without a second thought.

Castleford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

My partner and I stayed here on Saturday night as part of a weekend away for my birthday. We booked well in advance and got the room for the fabulous price of £39 Room only for the night!
We arrived incredibly early (not much after 10.30am!) and although our room wasnt ready, which we expected, the staff were very polite and courteous and helped us with change for the Car Park (£8.50 for 24 hours - not bad for York).
After spending the afternoon in various shops and Bars in York (about a 10 minute walk to the centre) we arrived back and checked in to a room in the Minster Building. The room was spotlessly clean and very quiet.
We intended to have Breakfast at the hotel but as we had eaten quite late the previous evening we decided to give it a miss.
This was our first visit to a Premier Inn and it most definately will not be our last.

Southend, Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

Booked a 2 night stay at Blossom Street North hotel - first visit to York so went for a popular chain. Got a good deal booking in advance. Hotel details and directions and satnav sent by text the day before. Car parking at the back of the hotel - £17 for 2 days is not bad ( actually it lasted 32 hours so I didn't have to race back at 1pm on our last day to extend the parking ticket). Check in very friendly and was given a map with the tourist information office marked. Room was ready at 1pm and was large, clean and tidy. Only 2 pillows each and I mentioned it to reception the next morning and asked for another 2 pillows. Unfortunately when we got back at 9pm the pillows hadn't been delivered. I assumed (incorrectly) that reception and housekeeping was closed for the night and we had another night playing pillow origami to make them thicker ! Not a disaster but a niggle ! Mentioned it at reception when checking out and they were very apologetic - I wasn't going to claim on their 'good night' guarantee but they offered to refund the second night without any fuss or implication that I was trying to get a freebie that I accepted. If it hadn't been for the pillows, I would have given this visit 5/5. Not that it is a major issue, but you should realise that although this hotel is just outside the city wall it is still a 15 minute walk to the city centre.

• Stayed April 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

This hotel was in a great location approx ten minutes out of town. It's situated next to two eateries /pubs and has a costa coffee within the same building.Parking at the rear of the hotel is a little hit and miss as there are limited spaces and these are tight on width,however I understand the NCP car park next door is a good over spill option. The staff were very helpful ,and allowed us to enter our rooms early as they had already been cleaned.The rooms are spacious and clean and the beds really comfortable.I would definitely stay he again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends