“Perfect B & B”
Review of Warrens

Warrens
Ranked #91 of 194 York B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The warmth of welcome we received at Warrens was above and beyond the call of duty! Very friendly owners and staff! The rooms were clean, beds comfortable and the breakfasts delicious. It was great to be able to leave the car in the car park and just walk into the city. Will definitely be back again to stay - hopefully in the not too distant future. Thanks so much.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Warrens

Reviewed 6 May 2013

I was hunting for a fairly last minute booking to attend a meeting in the area and found Warren's online. I was surprised at finding something in York that was fairly central, with parking available for £50 and have to say I wasn't expecting anything stupendous for the price. I was very pleasantly surprised!

Received a very warm welcome on arrival from the hosts who parked my car for me in the private car park at the rear. The room was modern and very clean with a very comfortable bed. The shower was a good size, the rest of the bathroom was small but perfectly adequate.

Not being a big breakfast eater I can't offer extensive comment but my scrambled egg on toast was good and there were plenty of continental choices as well as cooked ones.

The hosts were very helpful in pointing me in the right direction for my meeting in the morning and it was only a five minute stroll to get there.

I would definitely stay here again if I happen to be in the area and it was infinitely preferable to the more expensive, bigger hotels, most of which don't have parking available unless you're on the outskirts.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Sue and I spent a night here, the road Scarcroft Road is a link road to the A59 and A64 so can be quite busy, but the Warrens has good double glazing. We were warmly welcomed and invited to park in their private car park at the rear, which is locked in the evening.
Our hosts were very friendly and answered any questions about Yorks pubs and eating places.
A very nice selection of foods at breakfast time to.
We would stay again.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Me and my partner visited york this weekend and stayed the night at the warrens. No problems getting booked in and a a very warm welcome by the laddy on the reception desk. The room was clean and tidy and after dropping of our bags it was only 10 minutes walk before we was in the centre of york. We has normal was on the top floor and the veiw over the rooftops of york ended a good night. The breakfast was nice and we left york that night relaxed and enjoying a good weekend. The warrens is a nice place to stay and never had one bad point to review.

Dave latus

Reviewed 4 April 2013

stayed at the warrens for the second time on Wednesday night.The standards were just as high as our first visit a year ago.A warm friendly greeting,a warm and spotless room and an excellent breakfast with baileys porridge.Warrens is a comfortable 10 mins walk into York centre and has on site parking.Unreservedly recommended.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

The Hotel was extremely clean the rooms were large enough and have a En-Suite which was excellent for us and well decorated.
Both of the owners were more than happy to help if needed.
The Hotel was well situated near enough to get to yet far enough away not to hear any noise.
The food was excellent and plenty full and home made too, great no plastic food real home made food what a pleasant change.
We will be going back very soon.
Can't fault the Hotel in anyway.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

We went to York for my birthday, and booked on the Thursday to arrive on the Friday. We paid £70 per night, which we were really pleased with considering it included breakfast and parking. Having read some of the other reviews, I was nervous about finding the car park, but it went fine, and while I agree it is tight, it was great to be able to leave the car secure for the whole of our trip. We enjoyed our breakfast, and having tea and coffee facilities in the room (with complimentary biscuits) was amazing considering how cold the weekend was. The only small problem we had, which we did not report as it was pretty insignificant, was that the bathroom door would never stay fully closed as the catch didn't work properly.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple