“5 star stay!”

and 1 more site!
Warrens
Ranked #97 of 195 York B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay at warrens, the staff were really helpful and friendly, the room was spotless and very comfortable! Would definitely come again, as it was only ten minutes from the train station and a fifteen minute walk right into the centre. Breakfast was great and there was plenty of choice , great value for money can't wait for our next visit!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony C

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Fantastically run & friendly b&b. Immaculate room & delicious breakfast. Lovely Norma greeted us on arrival & was very friendly & helpful. Met Richard & Jennifer at breakfast & upon check out & very nice. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend or stay there again in the future.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This has got to be one of the best places we have stopped in from the minute we arrived till the minutes we left we could not fault anything,even giving sound advice where to eat and drink thankyou so much Stuart and Paula

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Fieldy69
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I contacted Warren's on Friday for a Saturday night stay because the tourist information centre had told me they had released rooms for one night stays. I was greeted by a very friendly woman who immediately told me they did not take one night bookings. When I explained I had been given their details by tourist information, she apologised and she would check. On her return, she confirmed I could book a room. She took all my contact details and my debit card details. Throughout the exchange, the woman was extremely helpful and friendly and I was very relieved to have found a nice hotel for my trip away with my son.

About 10 minutes later, I received a call from a very curt woman. She told me I could not book the room because it was not available - she said it had 'just been booked' over the internet for a two night stay. I understand that it is preferable to accept a two night booking over just one night, but I would expect any hotel or guesthouse to honour a booing once the customer has made a commitment by handing over their finance details!

If this guesthouse can get a two night booking, they will have no qualms about cancelling your one night stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Yorkies, Owner at Warrens, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
However I must correct some details.

We DO NOT take one night bookings on Saturdays, the sweet lady you spoke of is exactly that and if you ring her up and make up a story that the 'Tourist Information centre says that you can book a one night Saturday', she might fall for it. In this case she did.

You were telephoned 10 minutes later to be informed that we DO NOT take one night bookings on Saturdays and she apologised for any inconvenience caused. I am sorry that you were offended by having your booking declined, so upset that you decided to damage my businesses reputation.

In conclusion no rooms had been made available for one night Saturday, the Tourist Information Centre have no record of your call.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Can only concur with previous reviews here.We found Richard,Jenny and their staff friendly (but not intrusive),professional and v helpful with local knowledge. They were v accommodating and if we return to York we will have no hesitation in staying here again. The parking is a little difficult to negotiate but at least when parked the city is within walking distance. Breakfasts was v good and various choices.Just ask. The room we had was immaculately clean and there was no hesitation in using the shower/bathroom area.The only minus is that we had the top room and the WiFi signal there was weak.Apart from that everything else was v v good. Richard & Jenny were on hand to provide much information on local places of interest.Nothing was too much.Bed was v comfortable.

Room Tip: Top room v quiet.Bed v comfortable.Bathroom (shower but no bath) v clean.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mathev
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Good location for all the attractions of York. Secure parking means you save a fortune as you can walk to them all in about 15 mins. Yes, it's not the easiest car park to get in and out of, but worth the peace of mind. Our room was at the top of the house with a view to the towers of York Minster. It was big enough for our stay to attend a conference. Everything was clean and neat. There was tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Breakfast was wonderful. There was a wide choice of fruit and juices, plus cereals and yogurts. Besides the full Yorkshire breakfast, poached eggs, scrambled eggs and other choices were available. All cooked to order. Better than some so-called 5 star hotels. Would come back here as first choice if coming to York again. As others have said Norma is a treasure!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

Lovely friendly Guest House with own secure car park, although getting in & out of it an interesting experience! Once parked we didn't need car again as everywhere within walking distance.
Friendly welcome from owner Jenny.
Twin room at back of house was small but very comfortable.
Very quiet at night, even with windows open (it was surprisingly warm in York for September). Great full English breakfast, cooked by Jenny's husband, Richard, that set us up for the day. Nice breakfast room in conservatory. Cereal, fruit, yoghurt also available.
Thanks Jenny & Richard for lovely stay.

• Stayed: September 2013