“Inviting, warm and tasty food!”
Review of Me and Mrs Fisher

Me and Mrs Fisher
Ranked #19 of 62 Coffee & Tea in York
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Family owned and run cafe, with amazing Minster and City Walls views. Serving fresh, home-made food, daily and cooked to order. Including a wide range of Vegetarian and Vegan savoury and sweet, including Vegan Cream Tea. Probably the best scones in Yorkshire!
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My boyfriend and I popped in here on Saturday lunchtime and found it to have a very friendly atmosphere. We both ordered Chorizo and bean stew, which was gorgeous! The menu options are tasty, varied but not too complicated. Great value for money! This cafe also seems to offer all kinds of get togethers from knitting clubs to creative arts events. Great idea. A lovely selection of cakes is on offer and the friendly staff make this somewhere we will go back to, time and time again.

2  Thank LindseyK64

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This was on our 'to do' list when me and my daughter went to york for a break.
Checked the website and was open on 10-5 on a Tuesday. Struggled to find it as slightly out of the way.
When we got there at 350pm .... Sign on the door to say closes at 4pm!!
What happened next shows the level of customer service given, yes they did close at 4 but we were welcomed in and made to feel like old friends. Tea and cake were ordered and were delicious and the surroundings were so cosy.
The ladies were just lovely and when we return to york we will defo be returning here!!

2  Thank jmo999
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I visited this cafe on an annual trip to York chocolate festival and it was a delight. The food was lovely, the service was just what the doctor ordered being that it was a very busy day. It may be simple but sometimes that is an essential.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Read the reviews on Trip Advisor and was determined to find this tea room as it looked so good and I am a keen baker myself. My husband ordered the pate and bread and I ordered a slice of cake. The tea came with his pate, but I had to go to the counter to ask them again for my cake! Ordered carrot cake which was ok, but no walnuts and a bit bland. Was looking forward to having a mooch in the haberdashery shop on the first floor, but just a small back room with a few bits and bobs. Nice little place with friendly staff, but was a bit dissapointed after reading the reviews! Think it would be great if you were planning on doing one of their workshops as well, but wouldnt go out of your way to find it.

1  Thank The_FlintstonesUK
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Perfect place for a quiet lunch. Very welcoming staff and the food is lovely. Wifi available inside. I wish I could live in york...I would come here everyday !