“Creepy indeed”

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Creepy indeed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

There are a lot of ghostly walks around York of an evening so I did my homework and the reviews looks among some of the best for this. I wanted a mix of historical and ghostly storys and this certainly met the bill. Considering we had a few unforseeable incidences on our creeper tour I thought Gary did really well, the M&S lorry didn't help backing it's way up a small road but he took us down a alley to tell us of tales of the dead that their ghost storys just off the cuff. Admittedly if it's your job and you know the storys to tell and the locations you can do it but Gary wasn't faultered he made ever blip as though it wasn't, you didn't realise it until looking back on the evening. Morris dancers in a square we were supposed to go through weren't a problem and then there's the competition, all in all great entertainment and full of atmosphere and tales, which is why you do. I would recommend and you get to know your way around, so good for a first day/evening tour - 2-4-1! Plus he wasn't a clock watcher, we got way above more than our alloted hour.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Sast14

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Bit of fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

A few months ago my partner and I visited York. We decided to do this ghost walk as it seemed fun with the promise of no one jumping out and scaring you.

It was a good laugh, suitable for children but also told some very interesting stories.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Emily J
Manchester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is the best ghost tour in York! The ghost creeper is full of interesting facts and clearly knows his stuff. The tour is very informative- we didn't realise just how much history York has. The ghost creeper was dressed in fantastic period costume and had us in stiches as well as gripped by the creepy stories he was telling us. I am going to recommend this tour to everyone! Thanks for a top night ghost creeper.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank Johnandjn
Dereham, Norfolk, UK
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Not at all scary or interesting”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We purchased Groupon vouchers having read a number of excellent reviews, however we were very disapointed at the whole walk seemed to consist mainly of very poor jokes, tales from previous tours and only a few facts/stories about the history and legends of York. I appreciate that he has to tailor the tour for all ages, however this was arguably the worst tour that I have ever been on and we left feeling that we had wasted an evening.

Visited July 2014
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fantastic Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Got the vouchers from Group on and thought would give this a shot. Arrived at the Jorvik centre and there was only a couple of people waiting and I was starting to thing what have I done.But it soon got busy,Gary arrived and the tour got started. The whole tour was very interesting and entertaining as well as Gary interacting very well with the kids. Would recommend this tour for anyone and would definitely take this tour again

Visited May 2014