“Could do better.”

Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
York
“Could do better.”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

It used to be a special 'curry' occasion when we went to the Aagrah, instead of one of the more local Indian restaurants. We went last week to find both the service and the food weren't as good as before. It's never had a great atmosphere here, but there was absolutely none this time around. The most disappointing aspect was the food, not only in taste but also presentation. We won't be rushing back, which is unfortunate as it really was a bit special in the past.

• Visited July 2014

Boroughbridge, United Kingdom
“Still very good”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Enjoyed a most excellent meal here with friends on Saturday evening, must be all of twelve years since I last visited. It was very good then and I'm pleased to say that it was very good this time too. Nicely furnished, excellent bar area to have a pre dinner drink or while waiting for your table to be readied.
Extensive menu which made my choice very difficult to decide on, would have been happy to eat any number of the dishes on offer.
Friendly welcome together with good service and reasonable prices.
All in all an a very enjoyable experience.
Hope it's not another twelve years before I come again.

• Visited June 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Exceptional quality over at least 15 years”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My friends and I have been coming here since at least 1997 and have never had anything other than a first-rate experience. The food is always consistently excellent; the atmosphere is always perfect; and the staff are the best. Every regular customer is welcomed by name and we have got to know the staff over the years and heard about them getting married and having families. If we ever try a different Indian restaurant, we always end up disappointed. I recently came with 2 non-curry-loving friends and their English dishes were just as amazing as our curries. I think Luke13256 must have written about the wrong place!
Aagrah - we love you and will keep coming for meals in and take-aways for as long as we are able.
Pauline and Friends

• Visited June 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Shocking food! Stay away”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Been here tonight with a group of friends was very disappointed in the overall experience! Cheese and garlic naan was overloaded with cheese it felt like I was eating a pizza with my dry tasteless curry! As for the starters I believe my dog would have turned his nose up at the Lamb tikka, was it mutton I was eating?! Nothing positive to say about this seemingly popular eating establishment! Stay away!!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Luke13256
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“Great every time!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I love Aagrah. Food is delicious and service is always fast and friendly. There's loads of choice so something for everyone, and the atmosphere is great for getting together with friends. A perennial favourite!