“A favourite”

Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in York
Melbourne Australia
“A favourite”
Reviewed 4 February 2013

This hotel is excellent in nearly every way. The location is right, halfway between the Railway Station and the centre of town, and close enough to both. The room was spacious, well furnished and spotless. The Bathroom was very nice. The breakfast was the only thing that was not perfect, but it was still very good, if a little bland. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was delighted to read that you liked the hotel and that you had a lovely stay. Thank you for your comments regarding breakfast. Our products are regularly reviewed, so this feedback will be extremely useful to us.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton York, and we do hope you chose to stay with us on your next visit to York.

Victoria Burnham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We stayed here for one night with family. The hotel is in a great location, the staff were very pleasant and the rooms were spotless with modern furnishings. The breakfast is good with a lot of choice. The hotel was full and breakfast got a bit chaotic but there are signs indicating busy times so it an be avoided. The staff were quick to apologise for keeping you waiting for hot food. The NCP car park is only a couple of minutes walk from the hotel and you get discounted rates. There is plenty of room to stop outside the hotel to drop bags off. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed on level 2. No outside noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gail C
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was delighted to read that you liked the hotel and that you had a lovely stay wth your familyt.

Manchester England
Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

This was a present so not sure on the cost, location was great only 3 months old so all still very new, breakfast was good but had a bit of a wait! The only 2 negatives are no bath in the room and you can't open the windows so its recirculated air all the time and it was stuffy and couldn't wait to get some fresh air in the morning!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

Please accpet my apologies for the delay you experienced with breakfast. We sometimes get very busy at peak times during breakfast and we do try to advise guests as to when the quieter times will be as well as directing guests to tables in our bar area. I do hope that your experience will not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton York, and we hope you chose to stay with us on your next visit to York.

Blackpool
Reviewed 1 February 2013

We stayed for 2 nights 26/27th January.
This hotel is great! Excellent value for money! Rooms big enough, clean,comfy bed, iron,ironing board,hair dryer and big enough bathroom with a great shower!
We were in room 133 on the ground floor just down the corridor from reception and the dinning area but was very quiet! There was also an office block car park below our window but other than a bin wagon at 6.40 we heard nothing.
Breakfast was great.... Everything you would want and it flows very well even though it was a busy weekend.
Location was great, just a 5 mins walk into the center over the bridge!
All the staff were very friendly and polite! Well done Hamptons.....we will return!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was delighted to read that you liked the hotel and that you had a lovely stay., and that you enjoyed our free breakfast.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton York, and welook forward to seeing you again next time you are in York.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

After trying a few of the more traditional hotels in York, I've now stayed at the Hampton nearly every week since it opened and would highly recommend it.

The staff are friendly, helpful and really make the effort to make you feel welcome.

The location is perfect for exploring the town and only a couple of minutes walk from the station.

The rooms are spacious, clean and comfy - I don't need more than that!

Free wifi and breakfast are a bonus in an industry with ever increasing optional extras for a charge.

There's a few comments on here about the noise from nightclubs, but in fairness to the hotel, they really do what they can to minimise any disruption. Students will be students & they form a large part of York's demographic. Personally, out of all my stays here, I've only noticed it once and it should not be a reason for giving this place a miss.

Give it a try!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank weecazza
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am glad that you like the hotel, and we certainly appreciate your comments regarding the staff.

It's also very pleasing to read that you chose to come back to us every week, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for choosing us.

Have a lovely weekend, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton by Hilton York very soon.

Gateshead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Stayed here for one night, no complaints at all. The rooms were clean and modern, service was first class and the location was 5 minutes walk from Micklegate. I have noticed some other reviews complaining about noise from the night club opposite but we did not hear a thing. Breakfast was good, hot and cold buffet fayre but was good quality and tasty. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, 31 January 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Booked this from the US and was not quite sure what I was getting, since it was new, with no reviews, and I had never been to York. I was not disappointed! The staff sent me clear instructions on how to arrive from the train station, so that was a big plus since I was walking from there. I arrived early and thought I would just leave my bags, but the staff was very helpful and allowed me to check into my room early. The hotel was spotless and my room very pleasant. It was an easy walk into York, down the hill and across the river, even at the end of the day after shopping and touring I enjoyed the walk and took different routes to see different parts of York. It was also an easy walk to the theater, the reason I came to York in the first place! I saw the local production of Calendar Girls! A true treat! PS, the breakfasts were great too!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank madym003
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was delighted to read that you liked the hotel and that you had a lovely stay., and that you found the staff helpful.

I hope you enjoyed your time in York and that the Calender girls lived up to your expecatations.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton York, and we hope you chose to stay with us on your next visit to the UK..