2,844 results
All reviews train station ncp car park modern hotel complimentary breakfast the breakfast area city centre free wifi the sofa bed inside the city walls excellent hotel buffet style good size few minutes walk walk in shower shower gel reception staff beans
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Had long weekend here with friends. Handy location near station and city centre. Rooms are very comfortable, all staff were very pleasant and helpful. Drinks in the bar are cheaper than the pubs that we used. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found the staff friendly and the location convenient for everything you wanted to do.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton, and we hope to welcome you back next time you are visiting York.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Superb location on a quiet street only 3 mins walk from the station. Modern and spotlessly clean with polite friendly staff. Breakfast was ok with cereals juice coffee toast croissants etc the only criticism I would have a felt the scrambled eggs were very poor probably powdered egg mix and the sausages were probably the cheapest one's from the supermarket. This would be the only thing I would say against the hotel as other cheaper hotel chains offer a better standard in my opinion.
Despite this we would definitely stay here again when we revisit York

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found the staff friendly and the hotel spotlessly clean.

I was sorry to read you did not enjoy the breakfast we provide. We do review our products regularly, and this information will prove extremely valuable to us when deciding what products to provide in the future.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed here for one night and will certainly be back.Housekeeping staff must be congratulated,our room and all other areas were spotless.Some may have had a problem in our room( 516) as there was quite a lot of light from the window,but this was not a problem to us,and we found the bed very comfortable,and the room had every thing we required,if we had stayed longer storage space may have been a bit of a problem but not a big one .Breakfast was very good, the breakfast area itself was a bit like a posh canteen as the tables were bare without even salt and pepper,but it was free, and had all you could need for a good meal.All the staff we met were helpful and friendly and deserve all the good reviews they get .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elliemabe2

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found the staff friendly.

I was concerned to read that you had light coming into the room, and wondered whether you noticed there are black out blinds behind the curtains? I have checked that room and they do seem to be working properly, so perhaps this may have been the problem?

Reviewed 14 October 2013

First of all, i have to admit, the staff at the Hampton by Hilton were very friendly on arrival & i was really impressed..UNTIL i went to my room & the first thing that hit me was the awful smell of damp & pee (yes thats what it reminded me off, i thought it was just the bathroom) so ok didnt complain, then when i was going to bed & took of my socks & shoes, stood on the floor & it was absolutely soaking wet, at first i thought i have stood in someones wee?? then i realised it was the whole floor! Rang reception and the guy said, oh yeah we had a leek, sooooo i was sent to a terrible room, wasnt even told about it, & had paid 300 quid for my 2 nights stay? Not wanting to make a fuss, i put up with it, the guy did offer to move me to a twin room but i had booked a double, if i had of wanted a twin room then i would have booked a twin room! When i was checking out, i had a girl this time & she asked how was your stay, i told her, & the look i got, oh yes sorry aout that we are working on it, thats it?? Also had left my bag in and when i went to collect it she left it at the other side of the desk, & instead of her giving it to me (like i asked) i had to walk around to the other side to lift it myself...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura W
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for your recent review following your stay at the Hampton by Hilton York.

I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations. It is our intention that all of our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and I apologise that we failed to deliver this during your stay with us. Could I ask that you e-mail me directly regarding your stay so that I can fully look into the points you have raised?

My e-mail address is victoria.burnham@hilton.com.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com