“A short break”

Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in York
Durham, United Kingdom
“A short break”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

It was almost like we weren't expected on arrival! It took quite a while to check us in! And the receptionist was quite matter of fact and not warm and friendly as you would expect. Our room was at the side of the hotel on ground level, it was lovely, clean and had everything you could wish for. We slept very well, once we located the off button for the air conditioning! Although in summer months you may want it on-it was quite noisy. Breakfast was great, although very busy (we went at peak time) one of the male staff was particularly ignorant. All in all we enjoyed our stay and would return without hesitation. Although the club (which is situated directly opposite the Hotel entrance) did not bother us in any way when we were in the hotel, there was a fracas brewing, when we were returning to the hotel, that was quite a scary experience, as there is no where for you to escape to! and it was only 23:30! At least if your in possession of the facts you can make an informed choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel - to avoid any upset with the night club morons!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was sorry to read that you did not receive a warm welcome on arrival. Usually the team do get extremely good comments, so I was very disappointed to hear that on this occasion we failed to meet your expecations, and I will certainly be sharing your comments with my team so that they can learn from this.

I was glad however that you liked your room, and I do hope that you decide to stay with us again so that we can show you what a warm and friendly hotel team we have.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton York.

Happy New Year

Victoria Burnham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first

- good breakfast
- great service
- late checkout (12pm)
- gym
- they give you a voucher for the car park to ge ta discount

Only things I missed were: no bath tub in any room
i also found the bed a bit hard and none of the pillows were suitable - too high! I ended up using a small one we kept in the car ;)

1 Thank Too_Much_TM
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay and liked the breakfast we offer.

I was sorry to read you felt the bed was too hard and the pillows too high, we do get a lot of portive comments regarding the beds and the pillows, however I can appreciate that everyone has different requirements so it is difficult to meet everyones needs. We will however take on board your comments when chosing what pillows and mattresses to provide in the future.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton York, and I do hope you choose to stay with us again.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 December 2013

The hotel is situated in easy walking distance of the city attractions. The rooms are spacious and clean. The breakfast is plentiful and very good. No hotel parking but NCP within 100 metres. Rather disappointed to find no shaver point in the otherwise clean and modern bathroom.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay and thought the location of the hotel was good.

Unfortunately we do not have shaver sockets in the bathrooms, however you may be pleased to know that we do provide adapters at Reception for guests to use.

Coventry
Reviewed 22 December 2013

The Hampton by Hilton York is the kind of hotel where you have all you need, it is clean, modern, centrally located, well organised, friendly efficient staff. The room was quiet, on the lower floor, nice big window at the rear of the hotel,near the well equipped gym. The walk in shower was fab, the bathroom itself was very clean. We would go back in an instant. The breakfast had all you could imagine, from Crumpets to lovely scrambled egg, crispy bacon, tomatoes etc. Awesome experience all round.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Weymouthfan
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, 23 December 2013

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Very helpful friendly staff. Spotlessly clean rooms with beautiful shower rooms and large showers. An abundance of fluffy white towels and a large screen television. Overall extremely comfortable although the mattress on the bed settee was rather thin. Lovely 'all you can eat' breakfast which we all really enjoyed. My only small criticism is that the juice was a sugary drink and not pure juice - really minor detail.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay and found the staff friendly.

Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Having arrived to a relatively warm welcome (not the best) we were very pleased with our room, modern hotel with very good facilities.

We went out around York, wow, we never realised that there are so many hen parties!

York was lovely and lived up to all we expected. However,what didn't live up to what we were expecting was the noise and fighting from the club opposite. This really did spoil not only our nights sleep but our total experience. My wife wanted to go home - at something like 2am, not good.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was sorry to read that you didn't manage to get any sleep due to noise from the night club opoosite the hotel. We have recently had additional glazing installed which has proved sucessful in eliminating the majority of noise, therefore I was genuinely concerned to hear your comments. I would be greatful if you could spare me a moment to e-mail me at victoria.burnham@hilton.com, and let me know which room you stayed in so that I can investigate this?

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed for 2 night at the end of November the room was very modern and clean. The bed was very comfortable. Very easy to get to the shops & bars. Breakfast was ok a bit of a scrum to get to anything but the staff were very pleasant. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay and found the staff pleasant.