Hampton by Hilton York
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
2,696 results
All reviewstrain stationncp car parkmodern hotelcomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areacity centrefree wifithe sofa bedinside the city wallsexcellent hotelfew minutes walkbuffet stylegood sizeshower gelwalk in showerbeanswould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed for one night at this hotel earlier this week. Staff were pleasant and helpful, and our room was well appointed and comfortable. We had no complaints about the quality of the accommodation, or the attitude of the staff throughout our stay. Public areas were clean, well maintained and comfortable.

Breakfast was OK - provided very much on a self service model. Unfortunately the cooked items weren't great, but there were no major problems with them. Hotels don't seem to get that not everyone wants loud, music blaring out at them over breakfast, and this hotel was no exception. Conversation with my wife was a constant competition with Michael Buble, Etta James and Frank Sinatra !!

That apart, the hotel was great value for money and an ideal tourist base in York. We will certainly visit it again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am glad you had an enjoyable stay and liked your room and found the staff friendly.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the music at breakfast. We do try to keep music to an acceptable level, therefore I will ensure your comments are shared with my team in order to ensure music levels are appropriate to the volume of people in the breakfast area in future. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton York, and I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

This is a pleasant enough hotel. I had a problem with the heating in my room initially but the staff made every effort to put it right although I eventually changed rooms.
I found all the staff I encountered to be very helpful.

But one thing - this hotel was apparently completed 18 months ago and I still find it difficult to understand that there are no shaver points in the bathrooms and as result I had to borrow an adaptor and then shave in the bedroom in front of a mirror not designed for the purpose; this is the only reason I gave a 'poor' rating for the room

I'd love to know the reasoning behind the decision not to provide a facility you'd expect in any hotel these days all over the world!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am glad you found the staff friendly and helpful, however I was sorry to hear you had a problem with your heating, but I am glad we were able to offer you a new room which hopefully did not inconvenience you too much.

Thank you for your feedback regarding shaver adapters. The bedroom is a Hilton design, therefore I will be sure to pass your comments onto the design team so that they can take this into consideration when designing new bathrooms. I am glad we were able to provide you with an adapter, however I can appreciate that shaving in the bedroom must have been an inconvenience for you, and for that I sincerely apologise.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Arrived and was greeted very friendly, was asked reason for visit. Said my birthday on Wednesday and husband taking me to Betty's for afternoon tea. Room had good sized twin beds and the excellent walk in shower, really was walk in. The whole hotel was lovely and clean and all the staff very friendly. My only criticism was the lack of choice of eggs for breakfast, it was scrambled or nothing. It would be nice, if when asked, they could do a fried boiled or poached egg. The other thing was the room at the front of the hotel is opposite a night club although this only affected us Thursday night. When we go again we will ask for a room at the back, and we will go again. The other really nice and unexpected touch, was when we got back Wed evening there was a birthday card and a pack of 3 Ferrero Rocher waiting for me. Altogether a very enjoyable trip. Thank you everyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am glad you had an enjoyable birthday and hope you enjoyed Betty's. I was also pleased to read that you liked your room and the bathroom.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the eggs at breakfast. Unfortunately whilst we would like to offer more choice of eggs, as you can imagine the hotel can get extremely busy when all rooms are occupied, and breakfast is included in all the rates we offer, therefore on some occasions we provide breakfast to over 300 people. Therefore as a brand we have taken the decision to offer scrambled eggs only which enables us to offer a quick and consistant breakfast. I do hope this didn't inconvenience you too much.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Check-in was efficient. The room was clean and well designed as was the bathroom which had walk-in shower only, no bath.
Excellent wifi service which was free.
We found the location excellent as it was a short walk from the station and then another short stroll into York centre.
Breakfast was good. The cooked breakfast didn't appeal to me and my friend tried it one day and then stuck to the continental after that. However, the continental selection was good enough for us with a wide selection of healthy options.
Front desk staff were friendly and helpful, especially the young lad from Leeds who was funny as well (don't recall the name)
Would definitely use the hotel again and am happy to recommend to others.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay, and enjoyed the breakfast. Danny will be delighted to hear your lovely comments about him.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We really enjoyed this hotel. South of the river bt very close to town and very quiet. Wonderful sleep in the afternoon. Nice breakfast to and very colourful in reception and the breakfast areas.
The staff were very friendly and helpful with information about what to see and do.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay, and enjoyed the breakfast. It was also nice to read that you found the staff helpful and friendly.