“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #9 of 46 Hotels in York
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This is a super hotel in York. The staff are very helpful and the rooms are spotless. It's a nice place for a drink in the evenings with lovely bar food. The only thing that was a bit chaotic was the breakfast , it's busy between 9 and 10 so food a bit low, although this information is in your welcome pack. We would definitely use this hotel every time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was so pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay and that you thought the staff were friendly. They will be delighted to read your comments.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton York, and I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Victoria Burnham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed for one night on business and was pleasantly surprised. The price was very attractive compared to say a travelodge but much much better. I frequently stay in Holiday Inn express and this wasn't just comparable but actually a bit better. It is a new hotel and so everything is very fresh and clean. It is in a great location no more than 5 minutes from the railway station and only a short walk in to the city centre. I. Would definitely stay here again. A couple of points - the beds are very comfortable but are not king size, which would be a must if I brought Mrs M with me (I'm 6'3" and need a big bed). Also none of the rooms have a bath, only a big walk in shower, which is ok for a night but I do like a bath! Final point, I didn't eat here as I arrived after 8pm and it was take away Pizza only! It is only a short walk to the 5 start cedar court hotel where they do great bar food however ( see my review of that) . Would definitely stay here again. Thank you H by H.

Oh.......and no signal at. All anywhere in hotel fro Vodafone!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and you found the hotel to be good value for money.

I was surprised to hear that you thought you were only able to get a Pizza at 8pm. We do serve bar meals until 9.30pm each evening, and Pizzas are served 24 hours a day. I have checked our till reports for that evening and orders for meals were still being processed until 9.30pm. Please accept my apologies if you were given the incorrect information regarding our meal times and I do hope this this did not cause you too much of an inconvenience.

Teesside
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I recently booked this Hotelt for a party of 12 for my partners surprize birthday and was a little apprehensive due to being a new and business hotel. How wrong was I even to doubt this place! the place was spotless and all brand new, the beds are really comfortable and rooms very clean. The staff were all really friendly with a great location to the main shops and bars of York. Great value for money and would stay there again.

Room Tip: all rooms are same, and all spotless
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TeessideDb09
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was glad you decided to stay with us for your partners surprise birthday. I hope they enjoyed it and that everyone managed to keep it a surprise!

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding the hotel and the staff. I am so pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Excellent service on arrival, scrupulously clean room, and a lovely comfy bed! what more could you want? Complementary breakfast very good- so much choice! the only thing extra I would have liked was mushrooms with the English Breakfast but pfff I'm probably alone in that!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was delighted to read you had an enjoyable stay and found the hotel clean and comfortable. I was also really pleased to read you enjoyed your breakfast, despite the lack of mushrooms!

South Yorkshire
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We, my husband, daughter and son in law, stayed for 2 nights to celebrate my husband's birthday and we were all impressed by the standard of the hotel. It was immaculate in every area, friendly staff particularly on reception. The beds were very comfortable, the layout of the room was well planned with plenty of lighting and mirrors. We will certainly stay here when next we visit York.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and found our room to be more than adequate
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was so pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay and I do hope your husband enjoyed his birthday. I was also particularly pleased to read that you thought the staff were friendly. They will be delighted to read your comments.

Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I booked this hotel for my boyfriend's birthday in advance and we were both very impressed! It's in a great location for all the main attractions in York, especially the train station!
The entrance hall was welcoming and the bar area was small but well furnished.
I was very impressed with the rooms! I thought they were nicely done and the bathroom was great with a walk in shower.
The breakfast in the morning was superb... cannot fault the hotel.

However....
I booked a few weeks in advance and lastminute.com provided a 'special requests' box during booking confirmation. I asked that something special-ish be done with the room and I didn't mind paying a small extra charge. I was expecting maybe something fancy done with towels - like you see sometimes in foreign hotels but nothing special had been done. I do find this disappointing because they ignored my request and didn't go out of their way to make it a better experience.

Nonetheless I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am glad you and your boyfreind had an enjoyable stay and do hope he enjoyed his birthday.

I was sorry to hear we did not acknowledge your boyfriends birthday. Normally we put a cards and some chocolates in the room as you may have noticed from other guest's comments on Tripadvisor. As I do not have access to your resveration details unfortunately I am unable to look into why this did not happen, however if you would like me to do so, please e-mail me at QQYTG_Hampton@Hilton.com, and I will certainly have a look at the comments on the reservation to see if this came through from lastminute.com.

On a positive note, I am glad you liked the hotel, and I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights from 13th to 16th January. Warm greeting nice clean room very comfortable. Second night disturbed by excessive noise from fan in room that we couldn't switch off so had to resort to ear plugs. It was midnight and we were tired and didn't want to start involving staff at that time of day.

Agree with other visitors that the music in the breakfast room was mildly irritating and scrambled eggs not great. other than that a very pleasant trip

Room Tip: 279 is quiet at back of hotel
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I hope you have a lovely birthday in York and I was glad to read you received a warm greeting and found the room to be clean and comfortable.

I was sorry to hear you had a problem with the fan in your room, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this caused you. It is extremely important that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, and I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to meet your expecations. Please be assured that ww will be looking into the caus eof the noise in order to prevent any future guests from being disturbed.