“Excellent hotel for the money”

Hampton by Hilton York
Ranked #8 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The location of this hotel is excellent. Very close to the station and convenient for the shops, sights etc. My room was immaculate and had everything a guest could need. Breakfast is all laid out buffet style and you just help yourself. Only problem was, I was on my own and every time I left my table to get something else, when I returned to the table, it had been cleared away. I suppose it shows attentive staff but it was a little annoying! I would definitely stay here again, beats Premier Inn any day.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read that you liked the hotel and found your room to be immaculate.

I am sorry that your table was cleared before you had finished your breakfast. I will pass on your comments to my Food and Breverage team in order to ensure they pay more attention in future.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton York, and I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Victoria Burnham

Write a ReviewReviews (2,641)

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Excellent value hotel in a convenient location with immaculate rooms. We will use again when visiting family. The only problem we had was finding which car park to use and ended up going round the block a couple of times.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ratkinson48
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read that you liked the location of the hotel and the rooms.

I am sorry you had trouble finding the car park. We do have information on our website and it is signposted from outside the hotel, however we will try to look into other ways of informing our guests of it's location in future.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Friendly hotel close to the station and sights. Comfortable room. Clean and a good shower room. Dispenser rather than individual toiletries but this saves waste. Bacon and sausage at breakfast a bit undercooked. As with Leeds Hilton tinned rather than real tomatoes.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read that you liked the hotel and had an enjoyable stay. I am however sorry that we failed to meet your expectations with regards to the breakfast we offer. We are constantly reviewing the services we provide, and your feedback is extremely important to us.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Rather a laborious check in process and the reception staff tried to charge us extra for a Booking.com slip up. Didn't think the staff (overall) were particularly interested in guests, lots of disinterest and lack of action. Our room didn't get cleaned on the first night, reported this but no action taken, asked for clean towels never got them.

The food was less than average with an odd set up for breakfast, help yourself which is fair enough but the lay out meant one toaster was next to the kitchen in out door, the other next to the food queue, led to a bit of congestion. Tea and coffee awful, machine that spewed out various shades of horrible, even the hot water did not make good tea. Eating breakfast was like being sat in a canteen, set the table yourself, help yourself and to be honest sit with your dirty plates because the staff were that disinterested they didn't clear away the dirty until you left!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was sorry that we failed to meet your expectations with regards to the breakfast we offer. We are constantly reviewing the services we provide, and your feedback is extremely important to us. Please be assured that the issues you have raised will be fully investigated.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed last week as a little treat and really loved every second. The Hotel impressed us at the entrance it is spotless and the staff really friendly. we then went to our room and it was exceptionally clean , everything worked and you could tell the staff take a great pride in keeping it that way. After a very comfortable nights sleep we had a very good breakfast . York is a beautiful place and this hotel does it proud. We will highly recommend it. Thank you all. We will be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

It was lovely to hear that you enjoyed your treat and I am really glad you found your room to be spotless. Our housekeeping team will be delighted to read your comments.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed last week and had the most fantastic time. The room was absolutely spotless ( well done to the housekeepers ) Every staff member we met was a great credit to the hotel . The location is great with fantastic places to eat nearby , if you can manage it after the fantastic breakfast. This Hotel takes some beating and we will certainly be back. Thanks

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lamjam

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

It was lovely to hear that you found the hotel outstanding. The housekeeping team will be delighted to read that you thought the room was spotless.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We Stayed in room 518 in December, The Room was Spotless . PERFECT. Could not fault the staff . Housekeepers very polite and efficient. Breakfast was lovely something for everyone. Reception staff very polite and friendly. Try it you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read that you liked the hotel and found the staff friendly. I am also glad that you liked the breakfast we offer.