“Average stay”

Hampton by Hilton York
Ranked #8 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Would it have been too much effort to provide / find me a phone charger when I had forgotten mine? Yes! The reception staff were so unhelpful, and immensely slow during checkout, so I very nearly missed my train. Otherwise the hotel was clean and centrally located. Won't be rushing back in a hurry though. Poor value for money.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was sorry to hear that you felt the reception staff were unhelpful. We do stock a number of items for guests who have forgotton things, amogst these items are several phone chargers, however I am sorry that on this occasion we were not able to provide you with a charger for your particular type of phone.

Please also accept my apologies for the delay on check out. I have passed your comments onto my Front desk manager in order to ensure that she works closely with the team to improve their efficiency.

I do hope that you will decide to stay with us again and allow us the opportunity to prove to you that it matters to us that all of our guests enjoy their stay with us.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We only stayed one night, and found this hotel to be spotlessly clean and comfortable . The check in staff were polite and efficient. The breakfast was surprisingly good for a buffet. The location is good, a short walk from the city walls and station , and only a little further from the main part of town. Don't expect bags of character, but a good place to stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read that you found the staff friendly and helpful and it was pleasing to read that you enjoyed your breakfast, and that you found the room to be spotlessly clean.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton York, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Pros:
Pleasant staff
Walking distance to York station
Good budget business hotel
Rooms are modern and clean and wi-fi is fast enough
Breakfast is good, but not great

Cons:
Didn't have any, except that there is no room service and the restaurant menu is very limited

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ajnambiar
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read that you found the staff pleasent and that you appreciated the free WiFi.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

5 minutes walk from the station and very central. Modern, clean, very reasonably priced. Its a budget hotel, the rooms are not huge and the food is pretty average but at these prices that's fine, especially in York which I visit regularly on business and I find is generally poorly served by hotels.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
VBurnham, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read that you found the hotel clean and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I've just spent 2 nights here for a work trip. For the price and stars I thought it was excellent value. The room was clean, spacious,modern and quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was a good choice (although fried eggs would have been better than scrambled). The bar was good and served a small but good selection of meals. The staff were friendly and helpful. The winner for me was having a fitness room available. A really good asset.

All in all a very good stay indeed. I will be booking again for my next trip.

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read that you found the hotel good value and our breakfast to your liking. Unfortunately, as a Hampton Brand we only offer scrambled egg as our egg option.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

A very nice clean base, thought it lacked the same service that the Hampton in Liverpool did though, crisps was out of date in the bar too! And the staff still charged full price! Wasn't impressed at that, however, the birthday card and choccys for my son was a very nice touch, a lot closer to the centre that I realised which was a bonus! Will stay again in the future

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyabke saty for your son's 13th birthday.

I was sorry to hear that you were charged full price for the crisps. Best before dates appear on a wide range of food, and relate to the quality of the food and not the safety of it. Sometimes food can loose flavour or quality once it's passed it's best before date. We always test our products for quality, and do hope that you found the crisps to be of a suitable quality. I do agree however that we should offer these at a discounted price, and will pass your comments onto my Food and Beverage Manager in order to ensure that this process is implemented in the future.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed with partner and daughter in York for the Viking Festival which we always attend. This was our first time at this hotel. NB. Don't accidentally drive to the other Hilton in York, like I did, as indicated by my sat-nav because this one is new and not on my device. Very cheap, clean and close to the city centre. Had to park in NCP Car Park down the road though which with the hotel discount worked out as £20 for two days, very affordable. Room was a bit cramped but at this price I would do it again. Breakfast included too.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your trip to York during the Viking Festival and found our breakfast to your liking.