Hampton by Hilton York
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
2,695 results
All reviewstrain stationncp car parkmodern hotelcomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areacity centrefree wifithe sofa bedinside the city wallsexcellent hotelfew minutes walkbuffet stylegood sizeshower gelwalk in showerbeanswould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2014

last minute one night stay booking, was surprised how good & how close to the centre it is, very clean & tidy ,relatively new i guess, staff very helpfull , breakfast was excellent . definitely recommend

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was glad to read that you chose to stay with us for your last minute break and was delighted that you enjoyed the breakfast and found the staff friendly and helpful.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton York, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Spotless bedrooms and bathroom,breakfast fantastic,staff real pleasant and helpful cant find fault in anything cant wait to return. Easy access to everything and at the same time away from the noise of the busy city. Snacks to order at anytime so chilled the full experience is relaxing after a busy day of hitting the quirky near by shops and restraunts.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

It was a pleasure to read that you had a relaxing stay at the hotel and that you found the staff friendly and helpful. I am also glad you appreciated our 24 hour snack bar.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Would it have been too much effort to provide / find me a phone charger when I had forgotten mine? Yes! The reception staff were so unhelpful, and immensely slow during checkout, so I very nearly missed my train. Otherwise the hotel was clean and centrally located. Won't be rushing back in a hurry though. Poor value for money.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was sorry to hear that you felt the reception staff were unhelpful. We do stock a number of items for guests who have forgotton things, amogst these items are several phone chargers, however I am sorry that on this occasion we were not able to provide you with a charger for your particular type of phone.

Please also accept my apologies for the delay on check out. I have passed your comments onto my Front desk manager in order to ensure that she works closely with the team to improve their efficiency.

I do hope that you will decide to stay with us again and allow us the opportunity to prove to you that it matters to us that all of our guests enjoy their stay with us.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We only stayed one night, and found this hotel to be spotlessly clean and comfortable . The check in staff were polite and efficient. The breakfast was surprisingly good for a buffet. The location is good, a short walk from the city walls and station , and only a little further from the main part of town. Don't expect bags of character, but a good place to stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read that you found the staff friendly and helpful and it was pleasing to read that you enjoyed your breakfast, and that you found the room to be spotlessly clean.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Pros:
Pleasant staff
Walking distance to York station
Good budget business hotel
Rooms are modern and clean and wi-fi is fast enough
Breakfast is good, but not great

Cons:
Didn't have any, except that there is no room service and the restaurant menu is very limited

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ajnambiar
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read that you found the staff pleasent and that you appreciated the free WiFi.