Hampton by Hilton York
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
2,699 results
All reviewstrain stationncp car parkmodern hotelcomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areacity centrefree wifithe sofa bedinside the city wallsexcellent hotelfew minutes walkbuffet stylegood sizeshower gelwalk in showerbeanswould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This is a budget hotel and does about what it says on the tin and not a jot more unless you pay for it. My room had a pleasant view of the car park and little all else. If staying in a double room you will be expected to stump up an additional £10 for your partner etc

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was sorry to hear the we did not exceed your expectations on this occasion. It's extremely important to us that all of our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. Unfortunately being loctaed in a prime location in the city centre does mean that not all of our rooms have the best views, however if you choose to stay with us again, we would be more than happy to allocate you a room with a view overlooking the city walls.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton York, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We had a lovely two night stay at this hotel arriving on Saturday lunch time. I wasn't too sure what to expect but was very impressed with every aspect of hotel.Everything looked new and exceptionally clean. Very good location, with everything in walking distance. We had a twin bedded room and the beds were a good size, possible small doubles but definitely larger than single size, very comfortable.

Bathroom was spotlessly clean and had a large shower.

Reception staff were extremely friendly throughout our stay, making pleasant and genuine conversation with all guests. Greeting you on your return in the evening.The only exception to this was when we checked out as the receptionist on duty didn't make any conversation with us at all. I found this very strange as I had been sitting in the reception area for some time the morning before and had overheard the reception staff asking everyone who was checking out if everything had been ok during their stay etc.

Breakfast was also very good and plentiful. Being a tea drinker, the tea selection was vast but the hotel water was not very nice at all. This is only a small negative but did mean I then had to purchase a decent cup of tea in the town after breakfast.

I will definitely stay here again when visiting the lovely city of York and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I am glad that you thought the hotel was well located, and was delighted to read that you thought the staff were friendly. I was also pleased to read that you appreciated the small double beds we have in our twin rooms.

Thank you for your comments regarding your departure. I am sorry that one receptionist failed to deliver the friendly and welcoming service we pride ourselves on. Please be assured that your comments will be fedback to my Front of House Manager so that the reception team can learn from this.

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at The Hampton by Hilton on Friday 7 March 2014.

Modern and bright reception and a decent em ought residents bar.

The staff were excellent and friendly.

Our room was appointed as you'd expect but we'll laid out and a good bathroom.

We would definitely use this hotel again.

Stayed: March 2014
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Reviewed 9 March 2014

This is our second time at this hotel and will definitely be going again next time we visit York.
We had reserved another hotel as couldn't get a booking here for Saturday night. I was pleased to find it came available at the beginning of the week. I canceled the other hotel and booked here as this was the hotel we wanted to stay in after a great stay last year.
Again couldn't fault it, friendly team of staff, room modern and clean, comfy beds. Also a great location in York everything is in walking distance.
Would recommend this hotel. It was a bit hard to find it first time round as it is up a small side road. But if you head for the NCP car park you can't miss it.

Room Tip: Stayed in two different style rooms and both were great.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was so pleased that you chose to stay with us for a second time, and the staff will be delighted to read that you found them friendly and helpful.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton York, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon for a third visit!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stayed at the Hampton by Hilton and had an nice stay. My first comment would be the hotel is in a great location, very central and a 5 minute walk (if that) to a wide range of bars & restaurants.

I can not fault the staff, I was greeted by the reception staff in a very friendly way and throughout my stay they were always able happy to help with any questions I had. Just to add they handled a conversation with an individual who had drunk one two many extremely well, really made sure the situation didn't get out of hand.

On top of this the cleaning staff clearly maintain the hotel to the highest of standards. Each day when I returned to my room it was spotless. Rooms are also equipped as well as you would expect and the breakfast is as expected, nothing special but nice on both counts.

Only negative is the parking. The hotel has a discounted rate at the NCP car park down the road which still cost £10 over night and on one occasion the discount didn't apply to my ticket so it cost £17.90!!! I didn't have time to find a car park attendant or go back to the hotel to get help so just had to pay, it also shuts at 10pm which may be an issue if you arrive at the hotel later.

Overall I would recommend this hotel, parking is always an issue at hotels in such central locations so didn't detract from the overall stay. Would happily stay again if visiting/working in York.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

It was a pleasure to read that you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel and found your room to be of a high standard.

I was sorry to hear you had some problems at the NCP car park. Their pay machine does have an assistance button, which we advise guests to press if ever their discount is not applied, and one of the car park attendants would be able to adjust the rate for you. Unfortunately the car park is run independantly from the hotel, however I will pass your comments onto them so that they are aware of the issue as I can imagine this must have been very frustrating for you.