“1 night stay york”

Hampton by Hilton York
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Excellent Hotel, Great breakfast,friendly staff, Easy access to local bars , restuarants, near the park and local bus stops and 2 minutes away from the train station.Relxed hotel wirth Fitness centre.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read that you liked the location of the hotel, and that you enjoyed your breakfast and found the staff to be friendly and helpful.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton, and we do hope you chose to stay with us on your next visit to York.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Nice hotel in the centre of York and very near to train station. Seemed pretty new and had a very nice twin room with free view TV and really nice bathroom. Also ample storage space for clothes. It was a business trip to not too sure of cost but I believe it was expensive so I probably wouldn't have chosen it myself. One other downside was their late night pizza... If I'm going to pay £9.99 for a Chicago town pizza I could have brought myself from tesco I at least want it cooked in the oven NOT A MICROWAVE as they do here. It really did taste awful and was basically a bit of soggy dough with some tomato and cheese on it. I couldn't eat it. Gym was a plus point (not that I could bring myself to use it!)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was glad to read that you liked the room and had an enjoyable stay.

I was sorry to hear that on this occasion we failed to deliver your expecations with regards to the Pizza. I can confirm that all of our Pizzas are cooked in the oven, however it does seem that on this occasion, your Pizza may not have been cooked sufficiently. Please accept my apologies as this most certainly should not have been the case, and I will certainly be sharing your comments with my food and beverage team to ensure that all Pizzas are cooked sufficiently in future.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton York, and I do hope you will chose to stay with us again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This hotel was relatively expensive. Although the well-decorated room was comfortable and very quiet, and the small bathroom was spotlessly clean, there was no mini-bar, no freebies, the window didn't open (by design), and there was only one bedside table. I found that the shower floor was very slippery when wet and I had to put the bathmat on the floor which didn't dry out
The staff were generally helpful and friendly, but when I asked for a sandwich ( I have to be careful about diet), I was told they don't do sandwiches. The menu was expensive, and I was prepared to pay an appropriate price and I really think that a hotel of this calibre could have managed a sandwich. We didn't eat in the hotel again, and we didn't find anywhere "round the corner", so we had to go into the centre to eat.
Breakfast was adequate, the toaster was playing up: the fruit was poorly displayed, what there was of it. I've had a better range in cheaper hotels abroad, maybe this is typical of English hotels...? Breakfast was a busy time, which created quite a good atmosphere.
I get the impression that this is a fairly new, modern hotel which is keen to impress. I've never seen such a mixture of guests coming and going, so the place is obviously popular.
I would stay here again, but next time I'd know what was missing.
An average rating from me is still OK, an "average" hotel is fine.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was sorry to hear that on this occasion we failed to deliver your expecations. It is extremely important to us that all of our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your first experience in a Hampton Hotel. As Hilton's focused service brand, we do offer more limited services that those of our sister hotels such as Hilton or Doubletree, however this allows us to charge lower room rates than our counterparts. We are also located within a few minutes walk of a variety of restaurants, shoud you prefer to dine outside of the hotel.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton York, and I do hope you will chose to stay with us again so that we can restore your faith in the Hampton brand.

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Excellent place to stay and although slightly cheaper than other similar hotel, every thing was very clean and overall a very good service. Smart clean rooms, lovely breakfast and close to the town centre.

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read that you liked the location of the hotel, ad that you found the hotel to be good value.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel if you need to stay in York. It's located very close to the city centre, railway station, and within the city walls. The rooms are very clean, and you can tell it's quite a new building with a fresh look and furnishings. The room was very quiet considering it was the weekend and the hotel was full. The bedroom and bathroom were generous in size. We had the complimentary breakfast, nothing flash or exceptional, but what do you expect for free?

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read that you liked the location of the hotel, and liked the rooms.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This hotel is brilliant. The staff where great especially Dean,Helen and Natalie friendly and welcoming from the get go. The room was spotlessly clean with a good shower.

Breakfast was great far more than I expected when included in the price...dinner was limited but the choices available were good value for money.

Stay here when in YOrk

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We booked a short-notice trip to York and chose the Hampton Inn for its location and because it could accommodate a family of four. The price was a concern, though. The location is good - close to the train station and near the walls and medieval city - but the room was very small for the four of us (our children slept on a sofa bed). It felt a bit like the stateroom of a cruise ship, ingeniously designed to make the best use of the space. The breakfast buffet was good, with lots of choices, and the hotel serves a bar menu in the evening. It was a decent hotel but given the cramped quarters, not good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read that you liked the location of th hotel, you enjoyed our inclusive breakfast.

I was sorry to hear you didn't think the room was good value due to the size. Our rooms are of a similar size to many of our competitor hotels in the UK, however I can appreciate that these may seem small compared to the room sizes in the US.