“Mini break”

Ranked #10 of 45 Hotels in York
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Mini break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

The Hampton by Hilton York hotel provided an excellent environment and facilities, helpful staff and good food which made a positive contribution to a super mini break in York during Le Tour de France weekend.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read you liked the hotel and that you enjoyed your stay with us during the Tour de France, and I was delighted you found the staff friendly.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton, I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future

Victoria Burnham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Wakefield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Check the alarm clock radio hasn't been set by the previous occupant - ours went off at 6am on a Saturday morning! Ouch! Small room and service station feel to breakfast arrangements. Fine, but only if you get a really cheap deal. There are much nicer hotels in York for less.

1 Thank Rebecca T
Thank you for your review of the Hampton by Hilton York

Please accept my apologies regarding the alarm clock. The housekeeping team have been reminded to check that all alarm clocks are not set when cleaning rooms, in order that an incident of this nature does not happen again. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I was sorry to hear that we failed to deliver your expecations with the breakfast we offer. We are constantly reviewing the products we offer, and your feedback will be extremely important to us when deciding what to offer our guests in the future.

Thank you once again for taking the time to feedback to us, and I do hope you will choose to stay with the Hilton brand in the future.

Derby
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We booked this hotel for a 1 night stay on Fri 4th July (just before the tour de France). Managed to get 2 rooms for £84 each (through Hotels.com) with breakfast on the Monday before. Very reasonable price as the hotel was very close to the city centre (5/10 min walk). Got there after 10pm so Tanner Row car park closed but luckily a space on the street outside (£2).Very good breakfast the next morning. Only negative was that I booked 1 double and 1 twin room but got 2 twins which was a bit annoying but only for 1 night.

Overall def recommend and would revisit but if driving get there before 10pm!

Room Tip: We were at the front of the hotel (214/218) but no noise at all from nightclubs outside. If on this...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read you liked the hotel and that you enjoyed the breakfast we offer.

I was sorry to hear you were given a twin room instead of a double. Unfortunately as I do not have your details it is difficult to investigate why this happened as we would certainly never change a reservation from a double room to a twin, so I can only assume something has happened when this has come through to the hotel from the agent you booked with. I would however be happy to look into this for you if you e-mail me on QQYTG_Hampton@hilton.com with your details.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hampton with the hotel in the ideal location of being in the city center. The hotel itself was very stylish with the rooms spacious and very well fitted out. The buffet breakfast was also superbly laid out and easy to navigate your way around. My only thought about how they could improve is in terms of service with the staff seeming to be very efficient but not the most friendly.

1 Thank John H
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read you liked the hotel and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was however sorry to hear you didn't think the staff were very friendly. I will certainly share your comments with my team so that they can improve on this for future guests.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Booked this hotel for two nights,for me and the wife,I had sent them a email to ask if we could have a room at the back and not on the ground floor if possible ,still not had a reply but any way when we arrived check in was quick,and all the staff were friendly and very helpfull, room was clean and modern. Like the shower ,not keen myself on baths in hotels,towels changed every day,it's the first hotel were the wifi worked properly and was free ,no noise at all at night and the bed was really comfy ,breakfast was good .lots of choice and help yourself which I also like,a bonus was the Tour de France was on while we were there,it was a relaxed chilled out hotel,good value for money,every think is walking distance,pubs shops, train station ,this was our first visit to York really liked it and really like the hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read you liked the hotel and that you enjoyed the Tour de France. I was sorry you did not receive a reply to your e-mails. We do respond to all e-mails within 24 hours, so I am not really sure what happened. It may be that it was not delievered?

Tucson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great city for a lovely weekend. Hotel is in a great location and well priced. Having the complimemtary breakfast was a big help. Walking distance from the train station. The staff was very friendly and the bed was comfortable. We liked the pillows too. Our room had a view of the city walls.

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read you liked the hotel and the breakfast we offer, and I was delighted to read you thought the staff are friendly and helpful.

Leyden, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Hampton by Hilton in York, UK was our choice for a 2 day stay to reconnect with one of our favorite cities. We chose the hotel for its location, free wifi in rooms, and free breakfast. We especially needed the wifi, travelling from the US and choosing to keep connected to business and family via wifi. Unfortunately, the wifi didn't work at the hotel until 2 hours before checkout. We spent a lot of time checking for updates with hotel staff and looking around the city for a cafe or pub with wifi. The hotel policy is "100% guarantee" . Neither the clerks nor the manager would honor the guarantee. I have had no response to an email which Hilton said they forwarded to Hampton by Hilton York management. Our wifi service was fine at all other bookings on our trip. This hotel's management seems to be out to lunch.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank William_HM244IN
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read you liked the hotel and the breakfast we offer. Please accept my apologies for the WiFi Failure whilst you were staying with us. The hard wired internet was working throughout the hotel, however one of the componants for the WiFi had failed, which meant we had to wait for a new part to be deleivered. Unfortunately Hilton have not passed your complaint onto me, however, if you would be kind enough to forward the e-mail to QQYTG_Hampton@hilton.com, I will certainly respond directly to you as soon as I receive it.