“Very nice stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 46 Hotels in York
Galashiels, United Kingdom
“Very nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2014

Second stay at Hampton York and very good again.

It's well situated, near to railway station and an easy walk to the centre.

Rooms are large enough and comfortable. Clean and fresh. And quiet too!

Staff are helpful and friendly.

Breakfast is pretty good, although it can be a bit of a free-for-all if it's busy.

Definitely consider again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your second stay with us and that you found the staff friendly and helpful. I was also delighted to read you enjoyed the breakfast we offer.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton, I hope you we will see you again in the near future.

Victoria Gabb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

I've stayed in several places in York, and the Hampton has become my new favorite. The room was cozy (on the small size, but not cramped) and well laid out. There were plenty of electrical outlets and the lighting was sufficient. The bed was firm and comfortable and everything was clean. The breakfast (included in the rate, as was the WiFi, unlike competing chains such as Premier Inn) was good. The breakfast room was one of the best laid out I've seen. Staff were cheerful and helpful, calling a cab and taking charge of left luggage for a day. We've already booked it for our next trip!

• Stayed September 2014, travelled with family
      Location
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was glad you liked the hotel and found the staff helpful, and I'm delighted you've decided to stay with us again.

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton, we will see you again in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

Spotless modern hotel with ultra helpful staff, lovely rooms and vast array of breakfast options all at an affordable price. Great location close to train station and short stroll to charming town.
Will definitely return and would recommend to suit even the fussiest traveller.

1 Thank Michael H

lancashire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

Really good hotel. Very clean with excellent staff that are always helpful and will go that bit further to make your stay a good one. Nice rooms, quite modern with decent facilities and comfy, good sized beds. Breakfast good also with pleasant selection. Second year running stayed here for York Ebor Races but do have to have a bit of a moan at the price increase for this week!!
Great area as within walls and so walking distance of all attractions. Will probably be back next year again.

Room Tip: Above 2nd floor for quiet.
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the staff friendly and helpful. I was also delighted to read you enjoyed the breakfast we offer.

Modesto, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

This hotel is ideally located to York train station and an easy walk. That said, the directions to the hotel by Hotels.com are poor and do not provide a direct route. The room was a nice size and air conditioning worked very well. Breakfast was fine albeit very busy. Staff was friendly and accommodating providing us with an ice bucket each night. Not far from restaurants but a bit of a walk.
Seemed to be a good value for the price overall.

• Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the location convenient.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

Stayed just the one night in a family room, location wise it was idela as was the cost (just shy of £90 including the 'free' breakfast). Nice and modern, clean and well proportioned room. No bath should that be an issue but that's not unusual in these kinds of hotel. Aircon a little noisey for me, but that's very subjective and my wife didn't mind at all. Breakfast average but more than enough choice and certainly filled me up for the day.

Nice and reasonably priced bar with tasty looking pizzas for after hours, but it's so close to various restaurants so it's only for the lazy! Parking is fine and just down the road (no idea about the negatove comments about the car park, unless the steep access is problematic for new / nervous drivers). Cost £12 which is fine, but make sure you get the hotel to validate your ticket.

Staff very helpful, such as getting a bottle of milk for my little one. Only gripe is the wifi was down and never came back up during my time there.

Would have no problems staying there again at all.

Room Tip: They seem to have rooms in the 'basement' (not literally a basement, just floor 0, with the...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
VBurnham, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton York, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the hotel and enjoyed the breakfast we offer.

Please accept my apologies for the issue with the WiFi. I do believe that this was rectified at 8.30pm that evening, however I can understand that this must have been frustrating for you.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

Quoted room rate when booked increased by £10 when I booked out. I questioned this with the staff and was told they could not do anything as the resavation manager was not available. They said they would get back to me still waiting Saturday morning had to eat breakfast off my lap in reception as dinning area full

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Hampton by Hilton York.

I was sorry to hear you had a problem with your room rate on departure and please accept my apologies for the way in which this was handled. I believe my reservations Manager has been in contact with you and this has now been resolved to your satisfaction.