“Bland corporate food at party” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 199 things to do in York
York, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Bland corporate food at party”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I came here with my work for our Christmas party which was all paid for by them (lucky me!), but have to say I was more than a little bit disappointed. I wasn't expecting culinary wonders at such a large scale (there must've been over 100 people having their Christmas party) but I was still very left down.

I had seafood which was overpowered by the cheese on it. I know Christmas is a time for decadence but not at the cost of taste. The organisation of the party was terrible as was the 'entertainment' offered. I'm glad I didn't pay as it would've been a waste of money for me and I certainly won't be going to further parties here.

I've still to visit for a race day - lets just hope they're better at that than the parties they throw!

Visited December 2013

• Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Course Enclosure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Hi there I am going to York on the 31st May 2014 and I will be bringing 49 to 98 people with me as a mix group youngest being 25 oldest being 82 ... is there a limit on beer as i'm organising ill be there early with our picnics and beer and as many other race courses there is no limit in the course enclosure.... what is the coach park close to York races like? is the May Spring family day a good day to go on for all ages? Also is there any local pubs around York races for a pre and after drink before we board the coaches? cheers in advance

Visited January 2014
25 Thank stretfordblue89
Leeds, United Kingdom
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Top UK Racecourse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Having been to many of the UK's racecourses, I have found York to be up there with the best. Excellent infrastructure and amenities, teamed with some top quality flat racing makes for a winning combination. Enjoyed a day out at many of the top meetings here and whilst hosting some good racing, the Ladies day of the Ebor meeting particularly can get a bit overcrowded, especially for those not as interested in the racing and just there for a days drinking! Nevertheless, its a fun atmosphere and I will definitely be attending more race days in 2014.

Visited August 2013
west yorkshire uk
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Essence of Christmas Fair 2013”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

We have been to the Christmas Fair today at the racecourse, the stalls were very close together and the heat was over whelming. The walk ways in some of the stalls is very compact and not easy to walk round, the stalls were spread out over several rooms and it was hard to keep track of where we had visited even with the floor plan in the booklet. We decided to eat at the racecourse and we had Sunday roast,which was excellent value for money £7.95 plenty of meat and vegetables, a real plateful, but we were let down by the cups of coffee. £2.00 for a small cup and I have tasted better coffee.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank ladybanker55
Lancashire
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Hen Party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Wt a gd day too get the ladies together for a gd fun day out. Places too eat inside which were a bit expensive but acceptable in these sort of places extremely busy was about 15 pound for a bottle of wine which was gd n it was nice too to say it was house wine

1 Thank yorkshire_at_heart