“excellent value family day out”

Piglets Adventure Farm
Ranked #26 of 205 things to do in York
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Took 3 children, boy 5 and 2 girls aged 6, we took a pack up arriving there at 10 and leaving at 5, the children pretty much entertained them selves throughout the day with added entertainment from the lovely staff. We didn't get to see the animals as the children had all the fun they needed in the park area. Once you pay the entrance fee that's it, no hidden extra costs. There is a sheltered huge cabin to eat your pack up and food to buy there if needed. Overall a good family day out.

1  Thank Susan C
There are newer reviews for Piglets Adventure Farm

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I visited with my 2 year old and with a friend who has a 1 year old. I saw this advertised in a local magazine and decided it was worth an afternoon out. I wished we had arrived earlier as there is a days worth of activities to do. You can have a tractor ride through a forest, there is a large sandpit with spades etc and a slide, there is a maize maze, bouncy castle - with a smaller one for under 5's, mini tractors to drive, pig racing, animal feeding, animal petting, water bombs, farm animal walk, go karts, a barrel ride (for older children who are able to ride on it on their own), crazy golf, a wooden obstacle walkway (for younger children really), mini football pitch and tractor and combine harvester climbing 'frames'. There is a cafe serving burgers and coffee etc from the Farmers Cart farm shop. The Farmers Cart is on the same site and any purchases on the day had 10% off when you showed your Piglets receipt. Entrance fee - £5.95 for adults and £6.95 for children over 1. Cheaper prices in term time.

1  Thank Knobby1977
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Brilliant little place for kids to burn off some energy.I thought it was great value for the price and once you've payed your purse stays in your bag unless you want to buy food or drinks.All the stuff for the kids are in with the price.my children are aged 9 and 6.They loved it here and have asked to go back again sometime.Me and my mum had a great time to especially on the water wars.Everything is well planned out.Take extra money to spend in the shop tho as they have a lovely range of fresh fruit,veg,meat,cakes etc.We had a lovely tea when we got home from a busy day here.only down side is that it would be good to do strawberry picking here as we would of loved to but the lady said that they don't do it.Question just wondering why you can't have onions on a child's hotdog but you can on a adults.When ordering my little boy one they said that you could only have onions on a adults hotdog.So we got him a adults one but when served it was in a bread bun with onions which to me was a sausage buttie with onions just a little strange and disappointing to my son.Maybe it's just strange for a child to like onions.Anyway besides that fab day out not expensive.polite and friendly staff.All animals we'll looked after

3  Thank WhitbyMaggie
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from here after a fantastic day! We took our 2 year old daughter who equally loved it! Got there for when it opened at 10 and it seemed quite, my little one got to hold rabbits and guinea pigs which she loved! Staff was brilliant! She played in the sand pit for ages, ran round and had a fab time. Tractor ride was lovely and so unique to other places, loved the water bombs however she was too little to go on! Lovely to watch it! Pig racing was hilarious and once again staff was brilliant! Overall this place is defiantly worth a visit! Maybe not suitable for older children I.e 12 years up! Well worth the money and the shop is beautiful! Take a picnic would be my advice! Thanks again!

1  Thank LeedsLubyLou
Hannah W, Manager at Piglets Adventure Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you for your fantastic review.
It''s wonderful to hear such positive feedback and we hope to see you all again very soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Good value for money - although would be better if slightly lower price for first accompanying adult.
Pleased with the baby change facilities and glad there was a microwave to heat up the baby food.
Had a disappointed 9 year old though who ordered hot dog and curly fries and ended up with sausages in a bun. If you advertise hot dogs they should be hot dogs!
The maze was fun, although not easily accessible with a pushchair.
The go-karts were good, as was the water bomb area. The pig racing is definitely worth watching. Everyone enjoyed that.
Would have liked a soft play area for babies / small children, as there wasn't a lot they could do - apart from eat sand in the sand pit!
Overall a good day x

Thank you for your review. Its great to hear that overall you had a very good day. I am sorry that your 9 year old was disappointed with the hot dog, we serve our own meat from our farm and fruit and vegetables that we grow as we believe in educating children where food comes from. The sausages we use are our own chipolata's from our own reared pigs and we make ourselves.
Glad to hear you all enjoyed our Pig Racing and new attraction, water wars.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.