“Comfortable, quiet small hotel in good location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in York
Seahorse Hotel York
Ranked #92 of 192 York B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Comfortable, quiet small hotel in good location”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here a couple of days ago. Good price, comfortable and quiet room, and great location (just a quick walk to central York's tourists sites and shopping)... No complaints at all!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KMS3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Due to malfunction in the kitchen no breakfast, not a sole in sight when we were ready to leave and wanted my deposit of £15 pounds back for the swipe card. The sheets hadnt been changed as my bed was full of sugar grains and the bedding did not smell fresh. I would not recomend staying to anyone. And I will not be going there again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank jestyn-1992
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2013

A traditional Sam Smiths pub with a warm welcome from both management and staff.The pub is divided into various rooms all with a different feel but all aimed towards the drinker.Food and accommodation are available at very reasonable prices but I have sampled neither.Old world pub with old world prices what more do you need.Sam Smiths excellent value.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dawson1963
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We were going to the Barbican across the road but wanted to eat first. My husband rang to see if they served food at 5 o'clock and was told they stopped serving at 4 but if we asked for them by name when we arrived they would prepare something. That is just what we did and had a good pub meal in pleasant surroundings with friendly people and a good atmosphere. Have already recommended it to friends

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank linda t
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I can honestly say the location is great for town and the pub is so friendly. The breakfast was absolutly lovely. Landlord and landlady very nice. Overall it was a very enjoyable stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank loraine W
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My wife and I spent one night at this pub hotel.

The hotel is located just outside the city wall and about 10 minutes walk from the city centre shops. The pub is very comfortable with two bars and a snug. None of the beer, wine or soft drinks on sale are nationally advertised but are produced or bought through Sam Smiths brewery. None of this is a problem as the beer and wine we had were fine.

The problem with this place lies with the hotel. The room was OK but it didn't have a TV. The bed was an extremely small double and the shower was a joke. The bathroom was large enough for a normal corner shower but the installed unit was so small that my wife nearly injured herself.

Breakfast was very good.

In summary this is an excellent place to go for a beer but I wouldn't stay here again unless I was travelling alone and there was nothing else on offer.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple