“Cute & Cosy!”

Ranked #1 of 24 Dessert in York
Price range: US$2 - US$2
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: View, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Crumbs Cupcakery is an independant cupcake shop and tea room located right behind the magnificent York Minster. We bake all of our cakes fresh every day and have around 10-12 different flavours daily! We also have gluten free cupcakes every day too! Come and say hello and relax in our beautifully decorated vintage inspired tea room in a secret little haven area of York!
“Cute & Cosy!”
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Such a delightful place, cupcakes to die for. Amazing flavours. Some are almost too pretty to eat...Nah! don't be ridiculous....just eat!
I'd normally drink coffee if out and about. Because nobody offers a decent cup of tea (who wants a tea bag dunked in a cup) But not anymore the tea served here is the best ever. It's a real decent strong brew (English Breakfast for me!) and they'll top up the hot water if you need. Nothing is too much trouble. The place is Shabby Chic. It's warm and cosy on these cold wintery days. The staff are friendly and you feel extremely welcome. I could go on all day...

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank InaTizzi

Grantham, United Kingdom
“delicious cupcakes”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

fab place for a cupcake and pot of tea. The cupcakes were delicious, staff very freindly, lovely cosy feel

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Clairen190791
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Perfect little tea room, very quaint and cosy. We went there today really enjoyed it, must visit here on any trip to York! Cakes were yummy!

• Visited December 2012
“Truly S-Crumb-tious!!”
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Crumbs Cupcakery is practically on the doorstep of my workplace and a regular haunt for my friends and I on our lunch breaks. The selection of cupcakes available is amazing and we are always keen to see the daily specials.

The customer service is top notch and they really do cater to everyone's needs. I have a toddler who is very partial to a pink milk and a mini chocolate cupcake (although I know she would happily put a big one away easily). My personal favourite is the 'All American'...or maybe the 'Cookies and Cream'...or... Ha! Who am I kidding, I love them all and you really are spoilt for choice. Fantastic place and I recommend them to everyone that asks for 'a nice place for a cuppa'. You'd be a fool not to visit. :-)

• Visited October 2012
“A welcome addition!”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Just returned from what is fast becoming our favourite place in York. Set just behind the minster and now with outdoor seating, this new cupcakery ticks all the boxes. You are treated like an old friend when you go in and are made to feel totally at home in cosy surroundings. We often pop in to share a pot of tea and a couple freshly baked cupcakes.

The cupcakes are delicious and drinks are too, they served in antique tea sets. We love it here and as always today wasn't a disappointment. We like to get a few cupcakes to take away for friends as it is such great value for money.

We noticed on our last visit that aswell as using ethical teas, Crumbs supports Yorks local homeless shelter by donating any left over cakes. This really touched us and as a relitively new business we wish it every success.

• Visited October 2012