“THIS PLACE IS THE BEST PLACE IN YORK”
Review of Crumbs Cupcakery

Crumbs Cupcakery
Ranked #1 of 12 Bakeries in York
Price range: US$2 - US$2
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Crumbs Cupcakery is an independant cupcake shop and tea room located right behind the magnificent York Minster. We bake all of our cakes fresh every day and have around 10-12 different flavours daily! We also have gluten free cupcakes every day too! Come and say hello and relax in our beautifully decorated vintage inspired tea room in a secret little haven area of York!
York, England, United Kingdom
“THIS PLACE IS THE BEST PLACE IN YORK”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

WOW!

I have lived in york for 2 years now and the only thing I regret is not finding it earlier.

It's a truly independent cupcake shop; oozing with warmth, classic vintage decor and the best and most welcoming service I have ever received. The location couldn't be better (view of The Minster).

As for the Cupcakes: upon asking I was told they were freshly baked and decorated every morning, and of course I could tell! They were full of moister and flavour (I had 2, one Chocolate one Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake)

The wide selection of tea and cold drinks was truly welcomed.

I'm very sad that this place has received less than 5 stars (especially the man complaining about banging his head!!! There is a massive sign saying 'mind your head')

Anyway, if you're in York you can't miss visiting this place!

• Visited September 2014
5 Thank CMarshall94

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“Brilliant cupcakes, lovely location”
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to Crumbs and both were impeccable. The location is lovely and if you go on a sunny day sitting outside is brilliant as you have a great view of the Minster. Inside is great as well, I love the decor and vintage vibe down to the little vintage teacups and saucers. On my first visit I had the chocolate orange cupcake which was delicious and on my second visit I had the all American (I think) which had peanut butter inside, also yummy. All in all I would highly recommend this independent café! Wish I lived locally and could visit more often!

1 Thank Ksb26
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“mind your head ...seriously mind your head !”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

When you have walked the hot and sweaty strees of York you want a a relaxing spot where you can have a coffee and chill. You dont get that here. I got what seemed like the third degree when i went in to ask for a coffee and then an equally hard time to get my cup cakes. I setlled tfor the small little taster cakes as they were in front of me and i wanted to the attendant to stop talking to me. I then brained myself on the very low door jam when heading back out to my wife and child - the accident caused me to blurt out an extreme expletive which the nearest table of a family with three small children experienced the full force. I then had to sit there with my coffee and microscopic cake feeling the full glare of the of the hate stare of the parents of these children before they left

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Carl427
CrumbsCupcakery, Owner at Crumbs Cupcakery, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Hi Carl,

First of all I would like to apologise that you did not have a pleasant time in our cupcake shop and tea room. Our staff are all very chatty and informative and I apologise that this wasn't to your liking. If there are any more detailed comments you have about the service you received, I would ask that you send me a message to crumbscupcakery@hotmail.co.uk to discuss this further.

In response to your comments about our small door - yes it is very small. Unfortunately, as the building is listed, there is not a lot we can do about this - other than put signs all around it (which there are). I apologise though that you hurt yourself.

Regards, Danielle
“Best soya hot chocolate ever!”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Very friendly staff. Ordered a soya hot chocolate, vanilla milkshake and a tiny cupcake. All delicious. Especially pleased with the hot chocolate as it didn't taste watery and weak like some lactose free hot chocolates. It was creamy, hot and yummy! Lovely waitress!

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Bethany M
Berkshire
“Crumbs”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Found this by luck- tucked behind York Minster after seeing the queue for Betty's tearooms.
The staff were friendly, the cupcakes divine and tasted fresh. My daughter and I had a 99 and raspberry cheese cakes. We loved the vintage feel of this little café. Will definitely return.

• Visited August 2014