“Smoothie Heaven”

Shambles Kitchen
Ranked #23 of 909 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: A small sandwich shop with a big reputation. Everything is made from scatch, on site, to our own recipes. We only have 8 seats but have a very quick turnaround and all our food is available to takeaway. Our specialty is our succulent Pulled Pork sandwich and Shambles Reuben. The meats are smoked overnight, rested for 1 hour and served quick-sharp to avoid drying out. Come between 11am and 3pm to avoid missing out on it.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Absolutely brilliant range of fresh fruit smoothies made before your eyes by the friendliest staff around! Immensely good value for money.

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Popped in by chance for a quick pulled pork roll before heading home and what a great surprise. Staff were very friendly, food was excellent, even our 6month old daughter loved the coconut cooler snoothy that we got.
If you are looking for a pulled pork sandwich do not go anywhere else, this is the best one we had in York, and we did visit a few places during our break

SimonLong1, Owner at Shambles Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Cheers. Ysanne and I were well chuffed that the new smoothie was a hit with your daughter. Hope you had a great visit to York.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Given that the Shambles area is a bit of a tourist trap, I expected this diner might be too good to be true despite its positive reviews. Well guys, it's real. I had a tandoori chicken wrap that included fresh veggies, it was delicious. Before leaving I tried a banana yogurt shake, it was a great way to combat the heat wave when we visited. According to the folks who work there the menu changes daily based on the best ingredients they can find, that alone tells you something about their dedication. No matter what they have, it would be hard to imagine that anything they cook would be a bad choice.

1  Thank Dave M

Cheers Dave. I think you were going to Paris if i remember rightly? I hope you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I've visited the Shambles Kitchen a few times and both the service and the food has been spot on.
Most of the reviews mention the pulled pork, it really is worth a try. Plus they make proper, fresh coleslaw instead of buying in mass produced over mayonased rubbish.

Also try the cloud 9 smoothie, it's really refreshing. I will be back for more!

Thanks a million. We're very picky about who we employ. I'm very proud of them all getting such great reviews when i'm not there. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The green juice was delicious a good blend and quite light and refreshing on a hot day in York, freshly prepared, I called back later for a bowl of celariac and coconut milk soup, very creamy with a chunk of sourdough bread. Great place for a snack lunch when shopping/sightseeing in York. A couple I sat next to said it was the best pulled pork wrap he had ever eaten.

1  Thank babs089

Thanks Babs. The celeriac soup is a personal favourite. It goes beautifully with little blob of horseradish sauce too.