“Something really different and super yummy”
Review of Coconut Lagoon

Coconut Lagoon
Ranked #28 of 909 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$13 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a small family run restaurant specialising in South Indian cusine. Our menu is suitable for vegetarians as well as others. Dosa and other popular south Indian dishes are our speciality and very popular with many of our regular patrons. Seafood delights like Crabs, Lobsters, & fish are the ones to try and tantalise your senses with.
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Had a superb meal at Coconut Lagoon a couple of weeks ago. We'd never been before and loads of the food on the menu was totally new to us, but that made it all the more exciting.

The food was superb - everything cooked really beautifully and lots of new flavours, which we really enjoyed. Only down side was the restaurant itself. It's not a very intimate setting. Could do with a bit of a facelift. But I'm splitting hairs really.

The service was just attentive enough without being intrusive. Can't wait to go again and try some more of the interesting dishes on the menu.

1  Thank Amy T

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Recently I organised for a group of friends from our Diving Club to dine at Coconut Lagoon. Although I had been before none of our party had and were eager to give it a try! We went for the set meal which included a wide variety of dishes and several courses. The group liked not having to choose off the menu. One couple had the veggie option. The overall rating was excellent, everyone loved the food, said the service was good and would certainly like to eat there again!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank Jackie M
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Visited on their birthday celebration - service was excellent and the food was surprisingly good. Don't often hold high expectations of curry houses in England as they often are of a similar, generic standard - but the food here is the most authentic South Indian food I've had in a while. There's a good selection of both starters and mains, and if you want a taste of how Indian food actually tastes then this place is 100% worth a try!

1  Thank Sebastian H
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I found Coconut Lagoon from Tripadvisor. I am from Kerala and was looking forward to the traditional cuisine. We visited on a saturday evening with no reservation but were found a good table. The food was just as I had eaten, growing up in Kerala, home away from home :) We were delighted. The staff were great, service excellent. We will be visiting again.

1  Thank Meera R
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My fiancé and I ate here on my birthday weekend away after seeing it had some good reviews on trip advisor.
We love Indian cuisine but had never been to a South Indian restaurant before... It was amazing!
The menu is like nothing we had seen before, no madras or korma or vindaloo. The recipes were genuine South Indian dishes and, although we didn't recognise anything on the menu, the two dishes we chose were incredible.
I would recommend the chicken dish with a 'peculiar' taste that is served on a hot plate!
There was a nice relaxed atmosphere in the restaurant and the staff were so friendly. They took the time to talk to us, found out where we are from and what dishes we normally choose - it was quite late on a Friday night and they weren't that busy by this time so they had a bit of free time.
We will definitely be visiting coconut lagoon on our next trip to York.

2  Thank Abi M