“Regular diners”

Ranked #134 of 879 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to your local pub! Whether you live near or are just passing by we aim to provide the best dining and drinking experience for customers of all ages. Breakfast is served everyday from 8am- 11.30am. Monday - Saturday our carvery is served from 11.30am to 9pm & from 11am to 9pm on a Sunday. All this runs alongside an extensive food menu, making us the perfect choice for all occassions! Sam, Aoife & the team are looking forward to welcoming you!
“Regular diners”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Have been going to the pear tree since it opened- never had a bad meal, despite hearing from others that have.

Visited yesterday 3 adults and 2 children. Orders 3 adults carverys and a child's meal, since the pear tree opened we have always been informed of and offered a side bowl for our toddler this has never been a problem. When I asked for one yesterday and asked if I could have a Yorkshire pudding in it if, the carver appeared out out and stated that the bowl is meant to be for food from my plate only! And that a bowl can be paid for extra! Fair enough but I checked the menu and can't see this advertised so either you need to make this clearer or perhaps your staff need to be less petty over a Yorkshire pudding! I can't see what difference it makes whether I mount my plate high and transfer food or put a few potatoes and carrots in a bowl separately ! I had also order a side order for my toddler and a pudding after so I really don't see the big deal maybe I'll go back to Toby's as never had this humiliation there! Such a shame as on our last visit this was more than accommodated for by the carver!

Please make this clearer!

York, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I was clumsy and dropped my nephews carvery plate. Immediately the staff replaced this for me and told me not to clean up the mess that they would do it for me. The food was excellent with great selection of vegetables, we all had carvery as we were in a ruch. Couldnt fault it.

North Yorkshire
“Not as good as I expected”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Poor service, staff couldn't really be bothered at the bar.
Massive portions, but couldn't eat it as the salad was waterlogged !
Cakes were divine, but again staff attitudes were poor.
The best service came from the girls who cleared the tables, bar staff take note.

Visited April 2014
North Shields, United Kingdom
“Will not go again !”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Visited one evening at 6pm. We were greeted by a rude "lady" all because we tried to order food without a table number !
As this was our first visit we did not now this !!!!
When we eventually got it right, and ordered, our food took ages to arrive, and was not enjoyable at all.
We ordered salad, and it was very wet, and the bottom of the dish was more than covered is excess water. This totally spoilt the meal, leaving the croutons I edible. As for the hot chicken, well it was cold and waterlogged too.

We only went there after hearing good reviews, and since we have been all we have heard is bad. We will not return and would not recommend at all. If they had been busy I could understand it, but there were about 12 people in in total, and 3 of those were children.

Poor poor poor

Visited May 2014
York, United Kingdom
“Huge portions, good carvery, pleasant service”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

If you are hungry this is the place to eat in York! We had the carvery. Huge portions and very well cooked food. Not a great ambiance for couples in my opinion, but I visited with a friend so it was OK! The service was passable and the food filling. If that's what you are looking for this is one place to try.