“Delicious !”
Review of Relish - CLOSED

Relish
Price range: US$5 - US$8
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Award winning pies soups and sandwiches
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Delicious !”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

After walking around York & being bombarded with the usual fast food eateries, what a delight to come across Relish.
Only problem was we didn't have time to sample more, but the pies we did try were delicious.
Looked & tasted handmade, crisp thin pastry and a side salad.
Comfortable, friendly & finished off with carrot cake & a cup of tea.
What more could you want, and at a realistic price.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Well deserved award winning pies!!”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Well, after seeing the label of award winning pies you just can't miss this experience.

We had the Mediterranean vegetables with feta cheese pie and the Chicken with gammon pie.

Although it was our first time tasting English pies we can say that they were ABSO LU TE LY delicious, perfectly cooked and the people that are running the business were very friendly and helpful with us!!

As garnish we did choose not to have gravy and peas but a full salad which the whole dish was enough to make our stomach full and leave the place with a nice taste in our mouths.

This is a place YOU HAVE TO VISIT because its a food experience you will regret if not having it!

Totally recommend it to pie lover and not only!!

1 Thank Christina D
York, United Kingdom
“Best Pies I have ever tasted A*****”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The title says it all if you want a mouth watering pie which are filling and offer more than the regular fast food joint or pub or conglomerate coffee shop then Relish is the place for you with a wide range of items stretching from pies to pizza's to fish finger sandwiches this cafe has it all to offer and at a very fair and affordable price why would you go to McDonald's when you can have a pie meal for the same price as a large big mac meal or just a little round the £6 mark with mash peas and gravy and feel so much better for it below is my entire review of this restaurant i could write pages and pages about this place as in my opinion it is the only place worth going to for lunch in York for it's value and quality of food

After searching for a long time to find somewhere fairly priced and respectful with staff that actually cared who were coming through their doors. I found the very delightful small cafe Relish. Situated on the picturesque street Goodramgate next to oxfam and just before the Richard the 3RD museum this is an ideal place to tuck into a mount watering pie or succulent bacon sandwich. Relish has changed a lot since i have been going and now offers a lot wider range of items on it's menu. With new additions such as home made soup. I've had nearly every one they have made so far and they have well and truly exceeded my expectation the cream of mushroom is absolutely marvelous. I've been going to Relish on a regular basis for over a year now and if you are working in York or just traveling into the city be sure to try out what i believe to be the best pies available anywhere in the north. With a wide range from the obscure but absolutely mouth watering pheasant and bacon which you can have with mash peas and gravy for just short of £6 i believe which is amazingly fair compared to what you would be at a pub for £2/£3 more on many occasions. If you are vegetarian relish even caters you with different things compared to the usual boring repetitive menu you would get if you go to the pub they have 3 or 4 pies which are all very good especially the spiced cauliflower which is one of the best pies they do in my opinion along with the curried chicken fillets, mushroom and spinach and butter bean and brie.

Relish also offers a wide range of subs with the choice of 5 different marinated meats, tuna, meatballs, cheese savory and a wide range of salad and sauces if your daring you should try the very hot chili sauce. Relish also do pizza's on either deep pan or thin crust which i have so say are far superior to any other takeaway pizza i have tasted in York as you see the pizza made in front of your eyes and it only takes two minutes to cook in the special cooker called a merry chef.

But my all time favorite item from relish is the posh fish finger sandwich forget about how you would make this at home this is something special not many places would let you have this on normal white bread like you would have it at home but these warm welcoming members of staff Aaron and Diane his mum were willing to let me have it even thought it wasn't on their menu board.

If you are really lucky and go to Relish at the right time and have children you might have the special treat of a man dressed as a pie this doesn't happen very often but i can't be entirely sure but there can't be many places in the country if any that have a shop mascot.

In conclusion in my opinion Relish is the only fair priced shop in York that has pleasant staff where you can eat in and participate in scintillating conversation they are an independent shop that in my opinion does a better jobs than your Starbucks, costa's and cafe Nero as they care about their customers and want to do their best to show this.

York, United Kingdom
“This is a small gem of a cafe”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I began working in York 2 years ago and whilst trying to find a quality sausage sandwich eventually stumbled across Relish. The sausages are top quality and cooked in less than 2 minutes thanks to some oven magic. I have since been back almost every week and have tucked into some of the toasted sub roll sandwiches which if anything are even better. My favourite is the 'Italian' meat, cheese and salad.
The owners are constantly updating their offers and producing new and interesting lines. I will try the pies soon but I'm having too much enjoyment from the sandwiches for now. Check this cafe out, you'll always get friendly, attentive service.

“excellent pies”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

we have been to relish on a number of occasions when we are in York, and were always drown back because of the pies. this time we had the haggis and whisky and pheasant and bacon with mash peas and gravy excellent meal we both had, and not badly priced,keep up the good work and we will be back soon to try the rest of the range of pies. well worth a visit !!!

• Visited January 2014