“Fabulous 40th weekend.”

and 1 more site!
The Lawrance York
Ranked #13 of 58 Speciality Lodging in York
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My 7 friends and I stayed at The Lawrance in apartment 14 last weekend for two nights. I just want everyone to know how lovely they are. The apartment was huge, with so much space even for 8 of us. 5 bathrooms between us, almost enough for one each! The fixtures and fittings were beautiful. Location is superb, just a short walk into town, and very close by to a few supermarkets which we used to buy or own wine and food. The girls on reception are so helpful and very friendly. We are hoping to make a return for a Christmas shopping trip. I would recommend The Lawrance to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We have just returned from a wonderful weekend in York staying at the Lawrance. A short walk from the railway station and you are there and stepping into luxury! There was a large group of us and we took up most of the apartments. What a great time we had going into each others rooms looking at all the wonderful ways the space has been used and how beautifully appointed they were. When you look at the pictures you think they won't really be like that but they are! We spent a lovely afternoon sitting in the court yard with a wee vino and some nibbles as the sun was shining. There is nothing bad to say about The Lawrance. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Everything on arrival is spotless and even some milk in the fridge with some tea and coffee and hot chocolate sachets in kitchen so you can have a cuppa.
(The only thing I have a slight problem with is the Café at reception and I feel bad making any complaints but they did try to serve us breakfast which was not cooked....and I mean not cooked! they did apologise and we did not have to pay for anything we had previously ordered....so thank you to them for that!) I would highly recommend these apartments.......I will be back very soon!

Room Tip: The studio apartment is amazing......really roomy!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I arranged my sisters hen do for York and chose the apartments as she's not a big drinker so she wanted to instead spend some quality time with her friends and family. We had a 3 bedroom apartment and a 2 bedroom and both were stunning. Everyone was thrilled when they arrived and saw such a high standard. The bigger apartment had a kitchen/dining room where we could all sit around comfortably and the lounge had a huge sofa that seated all 8 of us. The women on reception were really helpful and friendly so would like to say thank you to them. The apartments were very clean and looked to have been decorated recently as the walls were not scuffed. It was very secure, you had to get through two gates plus your own door which made us feel safe. The location was amazing, 5 minute walk and your over the river and in the middle of York. I would recommend the apartments to anyone, they made my sisters hen weekend very special

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Krystina H
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights for a bank hol break with my husband and 18 month old baby.

The ovation is great - 5 minutes to walk into town and 5 minute walk from the train station.

We had apartment four and the decor was lovely. So homely but modern. As we had the baby with us we had to stay in in the evenings but wee more than happy to do so because it was so lovely and comfortable and treated ourselves to some local takeaways.

Had everything you need and a very comfy bed. They arranged a travel cot for us also.

The only downside being we were in apartment four which was on the first floor meant we couldn't bring the baby up in her pram as there is no lift but I'm sure you could arrange a ground floor if you plan it in advance.

Great stay and my first trip to York was made even better.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Only spent one evening in the Lawrence as came down for business with my partner. We were so impressed with our rooms and the building as a whole that we tried to book another night just to spend a little leisure time there. Unfortunately for us, York races were on so the Lawrence was fully booked. The apartments are immaculately clean and have everything you need for a really perfect stay, they even put fresh milk in the fridge. The beds are incredibly comfortable and the bathroom was so good I am thinking of doing my own at home something similar.There were actually two toilets in our one bed apartment which was very spacious and modern. Air conditioning worked perfectly and windows opened to let in fresh air. I really cant find any faults. The small courtyard with tables outside was also a lovely idea for sunny evenings. When we come next time hopefully we will be able to make a bit more use of it. Congratulations on getting everything right!!!

Room Tip: choose a room near the courtyard, other than that I am sure if ours was anything to go by that all t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AnitaMc
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Myself and 3 friends have just returned from a stay at the Lawrance Apartments. They are beautiful very clean and everything you need is there. The girls on reception were very friendly and made us feel very welcome. We will return to The Lawrance.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The Lawrance are fabulous apartments and although I didn't sleep brilliantly, I would actually return. They have loads of room, are luxuriously fitted out and are very centrally located for the city. The staff are excellent and there is good, well priced NCP parking 2 mins away. It is also super-secure.
I think we were unlucky - first night there were jetted lagged japanese folks walking spa around in heavy shoes until 2am. Second night, a guy decided to play the MP3 until security came and told him to shut up. I did contact The Lawrance as I feel a couple of small tweaks might fix these problems - sound proofed front doors and a firm note to guests next to the MP3 players with a threat of deposit removal?
Apart from this, faultless and lovely. Thank you!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family