“Excellent excellent excellent!”

Osbornes at 68
Ranked #174 of 888 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Osborne's is an Independent local cafe that prides itself on superb service and fantastic food. All our food is prepared daily, from fresh ingredients. We specialize in both vegetarian and none vegetarian food. We have Gluten free options on our menu as standard. Our cakes are freshly baked and always on show in the window. We would love you to visit our cafe and enjoy the experience.
“Excellent excellent excellent!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My new favourite cafe in York - lovely lunch every time we've been and the cakes are out of this world - treat yourself!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank TheEnglishBirds

York, United Kingdom
“"Little gem"”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Great lunches. Awesome quiche. Coffee and cake to die for. All homemade. Good fast service. Well done out and cosy. Great spot.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank sezthet1
Brecon, United Kingdom
“Tantalise your taste buds in friendly surroundings”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I have just returned from a week's holiday in York. I found this gem of a cafe in Gillygate and went there on 3 occasions for lunch. I ate their salmon dish, their quiche dish and on Sunday, their pork dish. What a joy to the palette! The food was very tasty, obviously prepared with care, using the best ingredients and presented well. A lovely surprise was when I ordered the lemon and ginger tea and found that it was made with lemon slices and ginger shavings! Delicious! The cakes are to die for.
The staff were very friendly, attentive and approachable and the atmosphere there is very homely and relaxed. Well done to you all at Cafe 68 - I'll be back!!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Hilary W
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Very nice specials”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My first visit,not having been to York for many years.
My lunch was one of the specials, a Chick Pea curry with a flat bread and a side salad.All were freshly made and extremely tasty.
The cakes looked excellent but my lunch was very filling so I had to forgo them.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank AlexWembley
birmingham england
“delicious sixty eight”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

GIllygate is an amazing street to browse the shops and choose a place to eat. We went to 68 for lunch and chose from the specials menu. I had a courgette tart which came, in very generous portions with chips and salad. The tart was courgette plus, melting pastry, tomato and onions under the green and yellow courgettes and crushed chickpeas on top. It was lightly spiced, the chips were wonderful and the salad fresh. It was delicious. The dining room is airy and there is a garden outside. A spacious place to eat on a busy day in York. The cakes in the window looked amazing, so there are lots of reasons to return.

• Visited August 2013