“Two visits in one week!”

Yak and Yeti Gurkha Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Yak and Yeti Gurkha Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 868 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$20 - US$39
Cuisines: Asian, Nepalese
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Two visits in one week!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We came here on our daughter's recommendation & enjoyed the food so much we returned on our last night in York. Really different food, subtle flavours & unusual dishes. Not the most sophisticated of decors but that doesn't matter as the food is so good & the staff friendly & efficient.

Visited July 2014

Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“Gets better with every visit!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I've been back to the Yak and Yeti a few times since the first visit, and the food really does seem to get better every time we try something new.

At the most recent, visit service and atmosphere were warm and welcoming as always, and we tried some of the seafood options on offer, which I would highly recommend. The staff made sure all our needs were catered for (we had several small children in tow and dietary requirements to consider) and we had a great time. Brilliant place for a relaxed dinner with family and friends.

• Visited July 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have visitted this restaurant a few times now, and have never been disappointed. The food is delicious and the service is excellent. The staff are friendly and attentive, and seem genuinely pleased to have you in their restaurant.
I arrived early, at about half 5, and the restaurant soon filled up. This can only attain to its popularity and good reputation.
The food was delicious and felt authentic. I had the salmon curry, which I would highly recommend, with seasonal vegetables. The popadoms were also lovely.
I found the portion sizes to be spot on.
This restaurant is also excellent value for money.
Will definitely be returning as soon as I can.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Charly M
York, United Kingdom
“Fab!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I picked a restaurant at random to try. We always go to our favourite, indian, mexican, chinese etc and we decided we were stuck in a rut. Neither of us had any experience of Nepalese food and were a bit apprehensive. The restaurant is informal, no posh frocks required. It is above a shop, so a long flight of stairs takes you there. We were greeted by a very pleasant man with a warm, friendly smile who showed us to a table. Our food order was taken and we ordered a bottle of house red, which was VERY acceptable! We had pork momo's and lamb momo's for starters and tried each others - they were delicious. We each had Dal Bhat Masu, I had red lentils and Chicken curry and my husband had black lentils and lamb curry. We tried each others and swapped lentils as we each preferred each others choice. I hate it when you are mid conversation and someone interrupts you to ask 'is everything alright?' If it wasn't - trust me - you wouldn't have to ask, I would have told you! As each course was cleared away we were politely asked had we enjoyed it, which is much better. For dessert we each had chocolate fudge cake (not sure how Nepalese that is but is was delicious!) and Nepalese Liqueur coffee (Jhaikhatte), which is not like anything I've ever had before. All in all we had a lovely time, the Yak and Yeti has a nice relaxed atmosphere and we will definitely be returning!

• Visited July 2014
York, United Kingdom
“New experience”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Lovely idea for a restuarant in York. If you are after fine dining this is not the place however the food itself was full of flavour and the staff were very helpful. Brilliant value for money if you check out the discounts they offer to locals

Would recommend.