“Life Savers!!”
Review of Cycle Heaven

Cycle Heaven
Ranked #7 of 22 Outdoor Activities in York
More attraction details
Owner description: We are an independent bike shop specialising in folding bikes. Ideally located in York train station, we provide a full workshop service and can treat any kind of bike. We also have a comprehensive fleet of bikes available for hire. If you fancy a ride but are unsure on where to go we can suggest routes and attractions to visit. Different bikes available to hire are as follows: 3 speed city bike with sit up a beg riding position. Super comfortable and relaxed although a bit heavy for longer distances. 24 Speed hybrid bike with solid 26" wheels. Rugged whilst being light and quick. Ideally suited to longer rides like the 'Way of the Roses'. Brompton folding bike. This compact light folding bike is designed for quick commuting. Ideal for journeys which involve a train, if you're limited on storage space, or maybe you just want to experience the ride of a Brompton.
“Life Savers!!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Came a cropper during the 'Way of the Rose' just outside York. It was 330pm on a Saturday and my front wheel had seen better days. After a couple of shops in the town advised they 'didn't have a mechanic working' i found Cycle Heaven. The two lads were great. they tried to rectify the kink but in the end it needed a new wheel which was very reasonably priced. There was an issue with the axel but they sorted that and the wheel and rider held out until Bridlington. Thanks!

Visited May 2014

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“great bikes, amazing customer service”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We hired city bikes on Sunday afternoon from the station store and had a great ride out to Beningbrough Hall. We were kitted out in no time and the hire charges were very reasonable. I took a wrong turn on the way back which meant we were a few minutes late returning and the shop had closed for the bank holiday. Adam made it all so easy to sort out late return and was lovely about it all. We will definitely be hiring bikes again (and I'll follow the map next time!) Thanks, Adam!

Visited May 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Easy and convenient bike hire right next to York Station”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We decided on the spur of the moment to head to York from our home in Leeds for a ride along the York to Selby bike route. Found Cycle Heaven online and were in the shop within seconds of hopping off the train. The staff were friendly and soon has us sorted out with two bikes, complete with locks. I wasn't sure how to get from the station to the bike route we wanted, as all the maps I'd looked at online showed it starting at Bishopthorpe; but the guy serving us was very helpful and talked me through the route from the station (which was really easy and involved a nice ride along the river and racecourse before joining the old railway line by the A64). He also gave us tips on where to stop along the route for refreshments; and was careful to explain the gears and features of the bikes we were hiring. A great afternoon out, thanks Cycle Heaven.

Visited April 2014
Totnes, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Very helpful staff, best way to get around York”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I was staying the far side of the Racecourse where I had a 2 day conference so bike was a brilliant way to get around the many cycle lanes round York. I arrived at 5:30 on a Saturday and the two guys there were ready to help sort out and set up a bike for me. They provided lights and even a waterproof pannier bag. The bike was heavier than I am used to but round York is pretty flat so not a problem, once they get going you have plenty of momentum (but they also have good brakes!) No hesitation recommending these guys.

Visited March 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“No better way to see the city”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I was looking for bike hire in York as it always seemed like a pleasant way to get around and I wanted to give it a try for an hour before commiting to buy a bike.

The team were helpful and I was on my way pretty quickly, even though the shop was quite busy.

After getting used to being in the saddle for the first time in years I had a cycle down the riverside towards Fulford and back into the centre via the Minster and back to the rail station.

Must have been positive as I now cycle every week!

Visited August 2013