“Best ice cream in York”

Luxury Ice Cream Co
Ranked #5 of 24 Dessert in York
Cuisines: Italian, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hi My small independent business recently received a Certificate of Excellence of which I am very proud. I am however totally overwhelmed by the kind and positive comments made by reviewers it is always a good feeling when others notice the effort we all here make to please and perhaps bring a little pleasure. For those of you who don’t know us well we started in 2010 with an idea based on a parlour we had seen in Barcelona. Our ice cream is made in Italian machines and based on Italian gelato recipes and ingredients and in the early days we had chefs come from Italy to give us training. Today we prefer to consider our product as Yorkshire Gelato as over 85% of it is made from the finest Yorkshire milk and cream. From the 30 or so basic recipes we started with we now produce around 230 different flavours with many being our own creation and unique to ourselves. In view of all the above I was disappointed to read the one or two less favourable reviews and I can only reiterate that we do try our very best. If, has someone commented they came late one afternoon when we were closing and could not sit in please consider that as food producers we have extremely strict hygiene regulations to comply with and all our equipment requires regular dismantling for thorough cleaning. The ice cream we produce is as far as a handmade product can be, a constant, and it would seem that overwhelmingly people agree that it is good! Once again thanks to everyone who takes time to review us we take all your comments seriously, this is not just my job it’s my life! I must at this point thank my wonderful staff and my loyal customers without which I simply wouldn’t be able to do it …… so one huge big THANK YOU!! Regards Dawn x
York, United Kingdom
“Best ice cream in York”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

As a family we are on our 4th loyalty card this year!

Love Malteser flavour

The unusual flavours are brilliant and constantly changing with current events

Best later in the afternoon when it's quieter

1 Thank Joecarter99

Manchester, United Kingdom
“I'm going to take it home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Came here around 18th June...it was sunny...it was ice cream weather and I'm not entirely sure if all the businesses in York for some sort of mafia or something...but every shop...the Betty's tea-rooms...Stonegate bear shop... Pylones and even the local Zizzi's Italian all highly recommended Licc to us for desert.

Either that or they're so well known...since I'm not from York...I was a little surprised that everyone knew everyone else...unlike Manchester.

Sat outside in the lazy afternoon sun after a day shopping...lovely rum-flavoured ice cream with chocolate...and the best thing is...the one thing that no other ice cream shop I've been to does - is let's you taste the ice cream before purchase..WOW.

My only regret is that I don't live in York...I'd go more often. In fact they should open another chain in Manchester...it'd do very well and I'd be able to pop round more often.

York
“Good but certainly not special - which is its supposed USP”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

This looks like a great little private business and I applaud them for that but I found their ice cream to be fairly run of the mill and certainly not the sort of gobsmackingly divine ice cream that I've tasted elsewhere.

It's good, but considering it describes itself as "luxury" it's certainly not special enough to warrant the sort of raving it gets in other TA reviews.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My friends and I went here for an ice cream on an incredibly sunny day and, unsurprisingly, found the queue for service to be out of the door. We were pleasantly surprised by not only how quickly we were served but also by how friendly and attentive the staff were given how busy they were.

The shop is beautiful inside - it is one of the only places I have visited that manages to walk the line of nostalgia without being overly twee or tacky.

The choice of ice-cream is amazing - with an equally huge choice of toppings and extras - every taste appears to be catered for from those who like their ice-cream sweet (bubblegum!) to those who prefer their dessert less sugary (sorbet). The website for this shop states that they offer 150 varieties/flavours of ice cream and, while it is not the case that all are available at once, there are more than enough to choose from!

Westhoughton, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely dairy free sorbet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I had two types of sorbet, which tasted as creamy as real ice cream. Its hard to find dairy free desserts when out and about, but this did not disappoint!