“Fantastic”

The Bloody Tour of York
Ranked #1 of 59 Tours in York
More attraction details
Owner description: Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday 6.00pm and 8.00pm .York has nearly 2,000 years of gruesome and gory history. Join your guide Mad Alice as she embarks on a journey around the city uncovering the truth. Hear the stories of murders, criminals, executions, blood-thirsty Kings and Queens. Learn the truth about history's most famous characters such as Guy Fawkes and Dick Turpin. This 90 minute tour tells all the tales that other tours daren't.
Reviewed 25 May 2014

A group of us went on this tour as something different for my hen night. It was absolutely fantastic, everyone enjoyed it from my 11yr old daughter to my mum. Mad Alice was informative, imaginative and very entertaining. Wouldn't hesitate to go again. Thank you for a night to remember!!

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Me & parents have been to York loads & been on a fair few ghost walks, but the bloody tour of york is way way better than all of them put together!

Mad Alice is great,she's funny, informative (tells you the true stuff about York, which is fascinating) and makes the whole thing such an enjoyable experience! It was raining so bad on the tour, but we just didn't care because this tour was brilliant & it made our night.

Forget the ghost walks & get yourselves on this tour,you won't regret it.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We've lived in York 19 years now and never been on any Tour. My wife decided to take her sister and family for a birthday present. It turned into an inspired and fun evening. Mad Alice met us and either is, or plays the part very well. Mad as a box of frogs! :-) Everyone enjoyed the guide and the info relayed. We saw York in a new light. Such as, I never knew there were so many cat sculptures on the buildings, if you look up. A left over from the plague when they were seen as good luck, probably because they kept the rats down. Have a look next time in York and see how many you spot. There were murders, hangings, beheadings, flayings, etc, etc all relayed in a unique and fun way. Think of it as a horrible history tour.
The tour starts at 6pm, so we made it the start to our evening and what a great way to start. Thanks Mad Alice, it really was fun and kept us entertained even thought it was a cold night.
Excellent attraction!

1  Thank Kelfielddegsy
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Mad Alice did a private tour for my and my husband for his birthday and she was 100% fantastic. She was funny, informative and brilliant.

This was not a ghost tour it was a factual tour and this would appeal to all ages as she made us really participate and we got lost in her words.

If going to York I think this is a must!

Thanks Mad Alice you were excellent!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Very entertaining tour and more informative than the usual fictitious ghost walks. Mad Alice was very engaging and animated and supplied lots of gory details. She involved the audience, especially the children (and also my husband to our amusement) and brought the history of York to life.