“Faultless! Plus, many GF options! ”
Review of Krakatoa - CLOSED

Krakatoa
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Dinner service runs from 5pm, until last orders at 10pm, Tuesday to Saturday. Close at 11pm. Takeaway available during service hours. Reservations welcome. Lunch parties considered for groups of 12+. We are a 55 seat family run restaurant (35 down/ 20 up). Krakatoa Room seats 20+. Available for group hire. We are 5 mins from the railway station and 2 mins from the bus station. Within 5 mins of all major office centres. A secret oasis with beautiful views. Hand painted interior mural, batiks, paintings and photos by artist Tim Potter (all available for sale).Falling distance form Cedar Court Grand Hotel and the Hampton by Hilton Hotel. We are fully licensed from 5pm. We do not serve the seriously intoxicated. All food is scratch made and no msg in any dish. Many vegetarian and gluten free options. Many mild and savoury dishes available. If you like it hot, add your own sambal (secret family recipe chilli paste) until the spice/ heat ratio is right for you. Rica-Rica available for 'heat-seekers.' Incredibly moreish. The kitchen is knocking it out of the park.Hope to see you soon. X
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Faultless! Plus, many GF options! ”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I cannot pick one single fault! Fantastic food, excellent value and GF diets brilliantly catered for. Really brilliant.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
York
“Just awesome”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Eat here often, never disappointed. Good service and the best Indonesian I've had in England. Do - have a rendang - don't take the Rica Rica lightly

London, England, United Kingdom
“I returned the next week to satisfy my cravings!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had to write a review for this little restaurant, it's turned my boring solo business stay around. I ordered a takeaway so I could work at my hotel and the gentleman behind the bar (who also took my order) was so lovely, welcoming and helpful. The online menu specified what dishes were GF so that was very easy. I order the Gado-gado salad and it was delicious, although not too sure how healthy due to the peanut sauce being so amazing I ate the entire pot they gave me! The dark chocolate and almond cake was immense! Probably the best GF chocolate cake I have ever had, if you're not GF you won't be able to tell! I returned the following week and ordered exactly the same (boring I know but I had been craving it ever since) and it was just as great!

I will definitely be returning next time I am in York!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Laura E
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Lovely fresh tasty food”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Had 3 courses. The food was fresh , hot, tasty. Nicely spiced and not at all oily or greasy like Indian restaurants. Loads of vegetarian choices. A really interesting menu with dishes i have never seen before which i love. The staff were very friendly and happy to adjust heat of sauces etc if required. The music was authentic and very relaxing. I would most definately go back. Its a bit tucked away from the main stretch of restaurants etc but only 5 mins from the centre. Go you'll love it!!

1 Thank lechef_12
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A great find in York”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Went last night for a meal with a friend and was very impressed. We had starters and mains. All dishes were to a very high quality, of a good size and were in my opinion well priced. I would especially recommend their beef curry dishes and the chinese leaves. Everything we had was full of well balance flavours. The staff were very nice too. Attentive but not pushy. The service was also very quick. I will definitely be going back.

• Visited June 2014