“Fabulous Shop, Make sure you call in”
Review of Burgins Perfumery

Burgins Perfumery
Ranked #24 of 61 Shopping in York
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Fantastic knowledgeable lady who was able to select a variety of perfumes according to my previous tastes, walked out with a beautiful new fragrance and a smile on my face. I always make sure I call in whilst I am i. York. Excellent service

1  Thank missymalinky

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I visited on Valentine's Day with my wife, as a treat. (for me) I have been aware of Burgins for as long as I have been a visitor to York. For many years it seemed too niche, or high - end for me, but I promised myself it was a shop to check out at some point. I have called in on occasion for the last 3 years or so and have loved every visit.
The customer service is that of a bygone era - attentive, knowledgeable and an experience in itself. The establishment was founded in Victorian times, apparently, and some of the quality of the age of Empire still lingers. The shop has a lovely, inviting, façade and is positioned in a corner of St Helen's Square and Coney Street. The interior is stacked, floor - to - ceiling, with all things fragrance and grooming.
If, like me, you have been put off thinking it all looks a little expensive, don't be. My wife was disappointed at how little I spent. But, we went through a journey of several well - selected testers to get to the fragrance I most liked with the proprietor. This turned out to be Black Soul, by Ted Lapidus, from where I was steered to a gift set they had, reduced by £10, to an online - level price.

I still came away with a real retail buzz, as though I had spent hundreds, such was my enjoyment of the experience. Give yourself over to some traditional shopping, with some courteous old - fashioned customer service.

2  Thank JohnScarr70
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Having been unable to purchase my favourite perfume Eclat D'Arpege by Lanvin in my home town I called here on my last day in York not expecting that the shop would stock it as many people don't but they did ! A little more costly but it didn't matter as being able to buy my perfume was well worth it ! Made my day ! Thank you so so much !

1  Thank MissS23