“Great selection and idea”

Rafi's Spicebox Ltd
Ranked #11 of 61 Shopping in York
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: At the Spicebox we flippin’ love food! We want to share with you our passion and knowledge to help you create delicious food for your family and friends. We have shops in Sudbury, York, Harrogate, Newcastle Fenwick Food Hall and online. Pop by for tips & advice, menu planning ideas and our handmade Curry Packs, tailored to your tastes. We also have a large range of loose spices, gift sets & kitchenware, pickles & chutneys, snacks & sweets, breads, rice and much more. Whether you’re a novice cook or avid foodie, we’ll have something to tickle your taste buds and help you get creative in the kitchen.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

A fun way to make a curry and wide selection of produce! The smell as you walk in is amazing and not found anywhere else that does this, great!

2  Thank James B

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

What a brilliant idea! My friend recommended this shop. The smell as you walk in is asia! I now have lots of curry mix to store in my freezer. Excellent value as you can use 1 kg of meat for each mix. Forget pataks get rafi's!!

3  Thank Carol S
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Rafis have a large selection of spice mixes for you to make currying at home. We tried three and they were amazing so will have to order more on line. The staff were very helpful and informative. If you love Indian food it's well worth a visit.

2  Thank Elizabeth L
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is a little gem in the heart of the City of York. A large selection of carefully chosen curry mixes and all the ingrediants needed to make your own. A Curry fanatic's dream.

1  Thank paymonger
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We have used Rafis for years now. I am a keen cook and I enjoy making Indian food however often find I am missing a spice or two or discover I have out of date spices in the cupboard. Well this negates all of that. Perfectly mixed spices to your liking, generally just add meat, fish or veg, maybe some chopped tomatoes and coconut milk. They also stock a great range of sauces, Indian breads etc. The staff are always really helpful and friendly too.

1  Thank Finningley_Charlotte