“Home from home”

Naburn Station
Ranked #46 of 50 Speciality Lodging in York
“Home from home”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here and so did my dog (which was important to me). The owners and their dogs friendly. Room was comfortable and clean and I had ensuite bathroom :) Ideal for cyclists as right next to Transpennine (good for dog walking too). Parking available. Large well eqipt kitchen and a good social room (tho maybe if there had been more people it might be a little small). All in all good value and would defo stay again!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed at Naburn Station for one night because I needed somewhere cheap and cheerful to sleep while visiting York with my husband. I paid upfront before I had had a chance to really inspect the room. When I pulled back the duvets on all of the beds in the room, there were big clumps of human hair and stains. There was also a lot of human hair on the sink in the bathroom and the toilet. I know this is a hostel but how is it possible not to change bedding and clean a bathroom in between visitors? This is not only an appalling way to treat guests but a health hazard. I will certainly not be returning, nor would I recommend it!! Spend a bit more to stay in York.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank acasu87

Travellers are raving about these York hotels

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I just moved in to York and was looking for a cheap place to stay while i'm searching for a flat. Naburn station was cheapest possibility, but as I realised, the nicest as well. Ann, the owner, is very friendly and helpful. She told me all about her cycling projects and the travels, which were amazing. You can feel very welcome here, the huge kitchen is really well equiped with all sorts of communal spices and cooking tools and other flatmates are keen on talking to you and helping out.

I strongly reccomend this place for newcomers, it's best place for a first rental and you could even stay for a long term if you only wish.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nataliainc
Also consider these accommodations in or near York
Staycity Aparthotels Paragon Street
The Fort Boutique Hostel
YHA York
YHA York
#1 of 1 in Clifton

Been to Naburn Station? Share your experiences!