“The best place I have ever been with the kids”

The Web Adventure Park
Ranked #5 of 29 Fun & Games in York
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Web Adventure Park in York is a fantastic attraction for all ages whatever the weather! It is the home of Creepy Crawlies, Wired High Ropes and Little Bugs Childcare. The park has a huge indoor play centre with over 23k sq foot of fun. With a role play village, huge climbing frames, slides, sports courts, a ball canon alley, a disco room and our crafty corner, smiles are guaranteed from everyone! Outside, the park offers a huge variety of play equipment, a water park and various rides from go-carts to tri-bikes. In our park we have an animal area with furry and feathered friends. The park is also equipped with an award winning café so you can enjoy a coffee and cake or freshly made meal. For children of 7+ right up to adventurous there is a huge high ropes adventure course called Wired and our Summit climbing challenge attraction. The Web Adventure Park is also the home of Little Bugs Childcare, a popular nursery for 0 to 5 year olds.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 7 April 2011

I brought my children here for the first time ever and I will definatly be back!!! Everyday if I could. The children had such an amazing time. I could go on all of the equipment and actually play with my children. It was clean, fresh and bright!! The staff, well they were beyond what I could have expected. They must be treated well because they all had smiles on their faces, and could not do enough to help us even though it was really busy. I don't think I have ever had a pizza so good either. Better than the ones I had in Italy last year, the kids had chicken bites made out fresh chicken breast. Yum Yum Yum. Well worth the money. Thank You Creepy Crawlies.

1  Thank rebecca_ginnie

Reviewed 1 December 2010

Creepy Crawlies has plenty of good points, the outdoors area is fab as are the animals. It is clean and the facilities are good. There is lots to do. Food is nice, a bit expensive but the meal deal is good value.
We had enjoyed our visits until about a fortnight ago when we had a really unpleasant experience with a male member of staff who was very rude to me when the kitchen got our food order wrong. He insisted I was wrong and then went to another member of staff to slag me off. I saw this and went over - I was very upset by his attitude. Another staff member came to sort it out as she saw the way he was treating me. There was no compensation for this day being spoiled and it felt very unprofessional. I don't think I will go back, I was so upset by the staff.

3  Thank orchid83
Reviewed 1 December 2010

We have a Fantastic time at creepy crawlies when we go play, We loved the Halloween party and my 2yr old still talks about it a month later.. We love the meal deals during the week when we can have scrummy pizza. My little boy is fussy what he eats but there's always a clean plate when he has pizza.. We thinks it's value for money, It does get a bit pricey when we take all the kids, but thats cos we have 3 and it's pricey to go anywhere with 3 kids.. We are looking forward to seeing Santa and Maybe having Breakfast with him too like last year.. Keep up the good work.. your the best play centre around york.

1  Thank jacoboo
Reviewed 1 December 2010

I have visited Creepy Crawlies 4 times now. The staff are fantastic - so helpful when you've lost a pair of toddlers shoes! The food, though a bit pricey, is gorgeous. It's all homemade and very fresh. As a vegetarian I find the choice is excellent too. I have an 8 month old baby so the price is low for me. There's lots of things for him to do and we have literally spent a whole day there before.

In reference to previous comments about extortionate prices - all prices are on their website so it shouldn't come as a major shock. There aren't many places you could spend £20 for a family of 5 and spend all day there. It's even free parking!

Thank you Creepy Crawlies for being such a great place to meet up, you're definitely the best in the area. Once my son is older I can't wait to try out the Drop and Shop!!!!

1  Thank Mouse_797_797
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I went here yesterday with my wife and 3 young children. It cost us nearly £20 to get in. For lunch we ordered two pizzas, a few drink and some chips, this was about £25. Later on we had two coffees this was another £4.00. We were not planning on spending nearly £50 just to keep the kids entertained. These sort of places in Teesside are about half the price and much better.

The place was way too crammed with no tables to sit at.

A complete rip off from start to finish.

1  Thank REDJT