“As far as soft play centres go this is outstanding”
Review of Creepy Crawlies

Creepy Crawlies
Ranked #5 of 22 Fun & Games in York
More attraction details
Owner description: Creepy Crawlies Adventure Play Centre in York. Play. Swing. Laugh. Eat. Climb. Drink. Learn. Slide. Creepy Crawlies play centre and adventure park in York is a great place to spend a morning or afternoon with the children,and, unlike the weather, the fun is guaranteed. York’s premier children’s adventure play park boasts almost 2 acres of challenging, imaginative and exciting indoor & outdoor activity areas for children of all ages, and a great licensed restaurant, high ropes course and nursery. A petting farm adds another popular activity in this park, so come and meet our ponies, donkeys, chipmunks and other furry things. The children are active, it's great exercise! -all the benefits of a workout with the addition of FUN!
UK
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“As far as soft play centres go this is outstanding”
Reviewed 20 August 2009

We've been to Creepy Crawlies a few times and never been disappointed, latest time was the other week.

This appears to be a purpose built soft play centre, unlike many others that are shoehorned in to a vacant shop or industrial unit. As a consequence it is large, bright, and airy.

The main climbing frame has the largest slide that I have seen outside a fairground. The café is quite pricey but the food is very good quality and it also serves beer and wine - a definite plus for board parents! The outdoor part is much improved on our previous visit and has obviously had a lot of time and money spent on it. You've got to question the wisdom of this since by definition you tend to go to this type of place when the weather is too bad for any other outdoor activity! There are fringe activities (disco, football court, and drawing) that help to keep the kids amused when the novelty of the climbing frame is wearing off.

The open-ended admission makes for a very relaxing stay without continuously clock-watching.

On the downside…

The car park is quite small and not surfaced or drained. We arrived in the middle of a torrential downpour. Large and deep puddles had formed which could not be avoided since there was very little space left. My wife and I both got our feet soaked wading through these puddles - the kids had to be carried.

Man was this place busy! Not surprising given the weather. When we got in there were no chairs or tables to be had anywhere and we ended up sitting on the floor. Funnily enough though after about an hour everyone up and left and we almost had the place to ourselves!

Older kids were overrunning the toddlers play area and there were toddlers on the large climbing frame - all this culminated in the smaller kids being constantly knocked down by the larger ones. This place could do with a bit more policing.

I know we all have to be vigilant about paedophiles but being reprimanded by the staff for using a video camera without permission seems a bit extreme.

Yorkshire
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Outdoor area fab. Inside not so good.”
Reviewed 4 May 2009

Been today with my children, 4 and 7. Firstly, yes they had a good time and it was an okay price £14 with 3 adults.

The indoor play area is quite small and very small for adults to get round with them - it was also extremely busy and very cramped.

The outdoor area was very good - and am sure on a sunny day would be brilliant. The food was lovely also.

We will go back again in the summer, but the indoor playareas in Hull are much better than this one.

Rocky Mountains
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Don't miss for young children!”
Reviewed 20 July 2008

I have never found a kids play area as wonderful as this one. The price is also very cheap for everything that they have. I especially loved the fact that parents can climb in the play area with their kids. My kids had so much fun!

YORKSHIRE
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“sooooo much fun!”
Reviewed 30 June 2008

I can't get enough f this place I love. We visit every time we come to york. Amazing and clean. Food fab kid and grown up entertainment, animals. Giant sand pit! A must visit!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank ME1YORKSHIRE
york
“WOW !”
Reviewed 24 June 2008

WOW !
what can I say, my four children love it !
loads for all ages ( including me !) ball pool, slides (massive !) footy area, huge climbing play area, scrummy food, icecreams and animals & sandpit, could go on for ever, the staff are really friendy too.
a great day out.