“A fantastic stay”

Ashbourne House
Ranked #14 of 193 York B&B and Inns
“A fantastic stay”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

What a wonderful stay in a great location.a 20 minute walk into the centre of York .hospitality second to none with great local advise.definately recommend to anyone planning a visit to York.Room nice and cosy with on suite shower.plenty of choice for breakfast continental or full English once again would recommend this lovely b&b to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank parkes1172

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Just a 1 night stay but well worth it, found it trawling the internet on a last minuite decision.

the telephone call was dealt with in a very professional way.
the B&B itself was all you could wish for clean, tidy, well equipped the bathroom was large and with all the bits you could want, not like some the broom cupboards I have seen in the past.

the owner was very helpful in recommending a local pub for a meal( the plough, be prepared to be filled with food and watch out for Tom!!)

The breakfast was a treat If I had seen it before ordering, I would have been very spoilt for choice

Give it a try you wont be disappointed !!!

Room Tip: Room 3 over front door nice & quiet plenty of space
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped at Ashbourne House and found a friendly face upon arrival. We were shown to our room and had a lovely bottle of champagne on ice sat waiting for us. We were very pleased with room and all the facilities. We were a short taxi ride in to York City (weather was awful or would probably have walked) and even the taxi driver was helpful in recommending somewhere to eat. Breakfast the next morning was exceptional with lovely friendly staff serving. Will definitely be stopping again when we next visit York. Thankyou to all at Ashbourne House.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I had read the reviews on Trip Advisor for Ashbourne House and I'm so glad I went with this choice for our holiday to York. My husband is easy to please, but I'm really fussy when it comes to staying away from home. Cleanliness and comfort come top of my list and Ashbourne House more than lived up to my expectations. It was perfect in every way, clean, comfortable, quiet, peaceful, friendly hosts and excellent service! I would most definitely recommend it to my friends and family and I would have no hesitation in going back. It just made our holiday wonderful. I can't say enough good things about it. Thank you, Paul and Julie!

Room Tip: We booked early and got a huge front room, super king size bed, ensuite facilities and a much-needed...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is a lovely B&B with cosy, clean and comfortable rooms and really friendly and helpful staff. The house has a really warm atmosphere - a home from home and a fantastic breakfast! Also, it's just a short, pretty walk along the river right into the centre of York.

I've stayed at Ashbourne House twice now and my parents also used to stay here when they visited York, whilst I was studying. Every time the standard has been high. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in York.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We got to ashbourne house a little after 4pm and Paul was more than welcoming. Helped us to our room and because it was a birthday celebration, they upgraded our room. The breakfast was excellent and service was very very good. The rooms are lovely and well equipped. I'd definitely stay here again and would recommend that anyone who comes to this beautiful city, stays at this beautiful bed and breakfast. The owners warm and very kind people who made you feel very comfortable in their home.

• Stayed August 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Lovely homely feel and an around great bed and breakfast. Paul and Julie were the perfect hosts who really looked after us. Easy to find and difficult to leave. Breakfast was simple, but absolutely perfect

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple