“Rude and belligerent staff”

Society Lounge and Bar
Ranked #694 of 870 Restaurants in York
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating
Description: Open from 7am for Barista prepared coffees and soft drinks, House prepared sandwiches and paninis, cakes, pastries and snacks abailable all day. Evening cocktails and a wide selection of beverages can be taken on the terrace. A reputation as a late night bar and dancing venue creates a bar that suits all. Sky sports is shown on 12 hd screens
York, United Kingdom
“Rude and belligerent staff”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

It may have nice day staff but the evening staff are rude and belligerent and when asked to speak to the manager their attitude was even worse making snide and sarcastic remarks.

Would not go to any place owned by this company again for anything, including during the day for coffee's or to Salvation, out of principle that its not OK to mistreat people the way they did.

• Visited April 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent coffee, fantastic staff!!”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Nicest coffee shop in York by far, fresh sandwiches and really nice cake for afters! The staff were very friendly and knew their coffee well when I asked what they would recommend. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting York.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Elizabeth B
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant coffee!! If you like to drink good coffee this is the place for you!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

So glad society is now on trip advisor, I have been wanting to leave a review for a while now so that I can spread the word.
I came to york for a day out, as I often do, and the city centre was overbearing! I found society and the coffee was divine. The people that work there really looked like they cared about coffee and the service was brilliant, really pleasant staff, and comfy chairs!
I really would give society a go, it's much better then a costa or Starbucks.
I've been once, and I will go every time from now on!

• Visited September 2013
Pickering, United Kingdom
“Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Desperate for the loo when we arrived in York we found a sign outside saying come in for the facilities we won't charge, or something like that. We went in but also decided to have a coffee.the staff were very friendly and we were able to have a bit of repartee with them, both the boys were knowledgable about the area and the activities we were looking forward to. One was the manager and he answered our questions relating to the loyalty card for th Society. we had planned on returning but at the end of our break in York I became quite poorly.and had to go home. When we return we will definately visit. You can't beat having staff that treat you well as well as good food.

• Visited November 2013